Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Audio Problems?

J

Jim_Waddle

removal problem

Ok tuffvn i hope u can help me with this. im probly gona sound stupid but i cant for the life of me remove the standard clarion tape player from my vl commie. is there any keys needed for removal? ive tried removing parts of the dash but i cant get it free!!!!! i have A sony system ready and waiting to be installed!!!!! (cdx-r3300s, xs-gt6936x, lsipo5 12" (somthin like tht) and a xm-222 amp). plz help, by the way is tht system alright ppl? i spent about NZ$800 on it so let me no plz thnx.
:b: help plz!!!! :b:

Gav95VS

Reaction score
EVL253 said:
ive just put a stereo into my VS. its basic as its a daily driver. clarion head deck and stacker were existing i added a 10 inch kicker sub and pioneer 3 ways front and back.my probis electrical whistling thru the speakers and sub.only the frotn speakers r off the amp the rears aernt.and onmly tyhe fronts have the whislte. i used double insulated aerpro and stinger rca cabling .got a new noise suppressor on the alternator.it onlky does this whislte whiles the engine is running.power and rca leads r well away from each other.apart from a dirty big inline noise filter i got no ideas anyone else?
check your earth connections to your stereo and amp make sure they have a clean connection to the chassis.

V

vl_boy03

kenwood subs ?

hey all,

just picked up a pair of 12" Kenwood sub's today.... still looking at the decks & amps cant decide... very :confused: !

anyone got any advice on what to look for when picking up a deck & amp for a 1st timer ?
"this is all very new to me" :b:

any help would be great ! ;)

cheers
Travis Morris
[email protected]

V

vtwagon

1tuffvn - firstly thanks for all the help that you're providing with this thread, it's sensational to see.

My question is: I have a pioneer 4650 head unit with 4 PIONEER 6" speakers something like 220watt. At the moment these four speakers are being run off a single amp with a left and right channel feed both front and back speakers, I've just been given a sub and would like to put that in - what is the best setup for this?? Should I put the speakers running back of the h/u and have the rca cable from the h/u to the amp with the amp to the sub??? Or when I put the rca cables down to the sub does that take out my speakers from the h/u. Any help with this would be great.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
1tuffvn, hopefully you can answer this, I'm interested in/looking at the Clarion 12" Dual Voice Coil sub. I already have a pair of "Fly" 120W (Super Cheaps cheapy speakers) 6 1/2" 3 Ways and plan to have 6" installed to the doors of a VK Commodore. I'm running a Kenwood "KDC1023 S" Cd Unit - What size amplifier would I need to power the subwoofer, the subwoofer itself is 600W. Thanks - Also if you could email me the advice if you get around to it to [email protected] that would be excellent..

Thanks, tr3nt.

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
speakers /head decks

for anyone thats thinking of re doing there stereo system or installing a new one may i suggest something get yourself a Pair of QL/QK crimpers and some ql/qk connectors (white blocks) with make/female pins will male your life so much easier and it looks much nearter as well....

V

vl_boy03

Odd wires found in boot ?

hey Tuffvn,

i was just wondering if you could help me with a problem ive encountered in the last few days...
was digging around in the boot a my otha car (sadly not a commodore) and i found what i think is a sub cable or amp cable but im not to sure :confused: .... if i could email the picture i took of them to you & if you could have a look that would be much apprectiated...
its the 1st stereo im putting in & the car came with a (sony deck & sony 10 cd stacker) it looks like the guy that had the car before me did the wiring himself so i was be very greatful if u could have a quick look @ the pics & help me out.
"if you can help me plz feel free to email me @ the following address"

Thanx in advance,

Travis Morris
[email protected]

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
vl_boy03

Where do the wires come from, what do they look like, what colour?

To me it just seems as though the guys left his wiring in there and taken his amp and sub.. So more then likely its just a power and maybe rca's..
If not that its for the stacker.

Power will be red - hopefully, and the rca's will look like the av connections that you use for tv's stereo's vcr's etc.

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
Iv got a VN with a 12 inch sub running of a single channel amp and 2 6X9 600w 4 way (thats what is says on the back) sony xplodes running straight off the head unit.
The 6X9's sound crap and distort after about volume 15 which is just above what level your parents would listen to. im thinking that 600w would pump.
Is it because i dont have any front speakers or should i get a cheap amp and run them of that, if so what sort of amp should i get

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Have you tried turning the amount of bass to the 6x9's down? They shouldn't need to be pumping out any if your sub is going off its tits.

My headunit reads something along the lines of bass-0, treble+2. subwoofer +(10-15) It depends on my mood, but 15 goes well.

The less bass the less distortion you will get up high, but if you can't get it sounding good with more from the sub and less from the 6x9's maybe its time to move on.

If I was you though, and you went through with the amp, I'd grab some front splits, and a monoblock amp, run the sub off the new amp, the splits and the 6x9s off the rear.