Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Audio Stolen

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
yeahi agree with that. grew up in a country town. you could leave the car open or even running (mind you both are now illegal in vic) and no one would touch the car.
everyone i know used to do this til a few blowins that werent welcome anywhere else though it was a good little honest place to set up camp and went about flogging stuff left right and centre. i always lock. and im lucky i also have a secure underhouse garage.

Shivaga

Reaction score
Website
www.bhss.com.au
Members Ride
'05 VZ Lumina 3.6V6
for sure, i grew up in central queensland in a town with a pop. 1500. When we did car washing fundraisers, we'd pick the cars up from the house, drive it to the servo and drop them back.

Rmyers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EA falcon
rimz81 said:
And 2 clublocks.

If someone wants your car, they will just cut the steering wheel and off come the clublocks! Still good tho as most car theives wont be going around carrying hacksaws...

dephilile

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
A few years ago my mum had a steering wheel lock that wouldn’t unlock. Something had worn away inside the locking mechanism and the key no longer worked. Anyway. Long story short. I got an extension lead and a grinder. Plugged the extension lead into the men’s toilets and chopped the steering wheel lock in half. Nobody asked any questions. It was a supposedly “secure” parking garage. You needed a parking permit to park there and stuff. I was there for about 20mins or so. Didn’t see any security.

BTW, hacksaw blades were useless on it. If you want to use hacksaw blades you need to attack the welds because that’s the softest part. The rest is too hard.

Z

ZER0

wow there some terrible storys, at the moment all my gear is concealed other than the head unit but iv been thinking of pulling it all out putting in custom pods ect to show it off a bit more, but all that said im now thinking twice... if i do il be sure to get a top of the line alarm system. and i like the idea of a strobe!

shrekVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK lime green Group 3 replica
yeah i had my Vk stolen from in front of my house.. I had owned it all of three weeks and in that time had put $1500 worth of stereo gear in on top of the $1000 headunit the previous owner put in... It was missing 5 days b4 i got a fone call from the cunstable sayin that they had found my car but cudnt tell me wat condition it was in..

So a very quick trip there in my mates highly modified 200sx, i started talkin to the two officers... One turned to me and said so do you kno wat condition its in? i sed no, then he asked "did it hav an engine in it when it was stolen...?" I said of course in a very anxious voice... then the bastard policeman said "good cause it still does..." Then he said in a more serious voice "did it hav a bid dent in the bak?" i again sed no very anxiously... he again sed "good cause this ones in perfect ondition" He cuda kept gettin me all day with friggin question like that (which were bein asked to a uni student that was jst able to pay the bills)..

Anyway, it was fine except the stereo was gone and my centre console wrecked.. They even ripped out the bloody parcel shelf!!! Anyway its been in teh shop 4 two weeks gettin locks, centre console and electrical fixed... i guess im lucky to hav got it back, but im stil pissed... Wat makes me even more pissed off is that i bet it was sum1 i sumhow know... I just wish that wen i got home @ 3am, i saw teh pricks breakin in2 it.... THAT WUD HAV BEEN VERY FUN with 4 of my otha m8s in teh car :)