Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car is missing and has no power when i accelerate

SE85VT

LOVE MY VT LOVE AUSTRALIA
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 V6 VT BERLINA
ok so i drove from school to bunnings, then home from bunnings (aprox 30km) as i pulled into the drive way the car started to run like ****, sounded liked it had a cam haha, but now i dont have a clue whats wrong, i did a diognostics read and got code 57 which is injector power supply moniter. i have done a bit of research and have swaped the efi relay for one the same, that made no difference, i have no clue about the pmc so im not going to touch it if anyone has any clue or ideas of how to fix it would be great, if i dont have it fixed by tommorow im going to get it done at the mechanics, hopefully it wont be to expensive.

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
Try a Ecu reset.
Check spark plug's, Lead's.

Once you do the reset, See how it goes.
Then after about a day, Check for error's again.

SE85VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 V6 VT BERLINA
Thanks for the help mate I disconected the battery both ends for a few minuets then put them back the trip computer was wiped so I'm guessing that reset the CPU? If not how do you do this? So after that I started the car and it ran perfectly.. . For about 10 seconds :mad: going to check the leads and plugs today lol any other ideas the car is on duel fuel but it's got all the same symptoms on both fuels I'll check the leads now

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Perhaps TPS,can you borrow one?It's not too expensive and very simple to replace but you wouldn't change it unless it's faulty.Dual fuel can add a few more possibilities into the equation but again except for plugs and leads you don't want to just start replacing bits with a "Change enough parts and we'll fix it attitude" like many dodgy workshops will do.Good luck

SE85VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 V6 VT BERLINA
Ok so I found what I think is the problem I started the car and put on some thick leather gloves then pulled and replaced the leads from the spark plugs, when spark plugs 5 and 2 where removed the car made no difference so tested these spark plugs in different leads and they worked so ruled out, swapped leads made no difference so I'm now going to change the coil pack I'm thinking it's that seeing as 2 nd 5 are on the middle coil it's a bit of a pattern haha saved at least 100 if I took it to the mechanic first thing they would of done replace leads and spark plugs Haha