Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car lowered with ultra lows now making noises in rear

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
hey mate, i got my ute lowered on ultras all round, they basically demanded i got monroe short travelle shocks.
rides like a dream.

vz 914

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV GTS , VZ UTE, VL GROUP A
I just had my VE GTS Lowered by walkinshaw performance (They use Eibach springs) and the first 3 rows of coils on the rear springs have plastic rap around them as per original springs maybe the the springs you have doesnt have this a this could be your problem , just a thought.

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Thanks VZ 914 yeah i had a look under the car today and the first 3 coils like you say have a rubber wrap around them took car back today and they didnt think anything wa wrong till i bounced the car up and down so they could hear it....going back in tomo for hopefully the fix

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
yeah well i wasnt taking its all fine for an answer

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
i had king springs in one of my previous cars, and they also squeaked and clicked annoyingly. havent had a problem with the pedders setups though. but like has already been said, stock shocks on ultra lows arent appropriate... and I seriously doubt the ultra lows are going to be legal either. hope they sort it out for you today mate, let us know how it goes.

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Well got the car back today and still no fix as i walked in after i tested the car as i walked passed it and found it still made the noise the guy was on the phone and just handed me the keys like he didnt want to know me :( very very annoyed and as a result i drove off to pedders and got a fully customisible suspension coil over kit for $2200 fitted wheel alignment etc that i can adjust the ride height and the stiffness. basicly said i got no time for **** give me your best etc and i even have a loner car while they have it for the night........the old shop even cut the bump stops on the shocks (im guessing to try and hide the noise?) for some reason. and pedders said thats very dodgy so the verdict is will not ever be going back to a tyre factory store and its not personal to anyone who works at a tyre factory store on this forum...bad service and **** house product

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
p.s i will put in the correct section soon but if anyone wants a set of ultra low kings and or fe2 shocks let me know :)