Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Car on Car Trailer

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
They can't come onto your premises and defect it.

If you were observed driving on a public roadway they can. No different to you pulling into your driveway and getting a breatho.

Reaper

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
If you were observed driving on a public roadway they can. No different to you pulling into your driveway and getting a breatho.

Reaper

This may just be an 'NT' thing but I got cops following me lights on, Im about 100 meters from my house so I keep driving and pull in to my driveway.

Cop: why didnt you stop.
Me: Because this is my house so I thought I woud just keep going to here.
Cop:Oh, so you live here?
Me: yeah.
Cop: Well we were just going to pull you for a RBT, but we cant breatho you on your own proprety.
Me: Sweet, catch ya later!
Cop: 'pissed' Yeah see ya.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Yeah but if the car is just sitting in your yard they can't come in without observing it being driven on a roadway..
But also if police follow you home and they don't pull lights or sirens until you are inside your property then providing a breath sample is optional without a warrant. Least that's how it used to be.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
If they want to get u they will

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
That's kind of stupid if they did.
It's on a car trailer for a obvious reason, If they did.. It's defiantly revenue raising and not the interest of public safety..
I'd be really annoyed if I was towing a car on a trailer and the car got defected..
Just like most of this thread has said; Remove Number plates and Rego label.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
i know i can always remove plates and label, but wanted to know 100% if there was somewhere in writing that said

'yes, if your car is registered it can be defected on a trailer regardless that it hasnt touched the road'

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Dude if you ever wanna go to the trouble of reading the actual laws you'll quickly find out that nothing is worded nice and simple like that.

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
I laughed when I read some of the responses on here. If the vehicle is on a trailer and is not started and on the road it cannot be defected. For the pure and simple fact it's not being driven on the road. You could have made changes which are illegal so it can compete in a race event etc. So you don't get defected you put it on a trailer (think about it guys) . Any police officer who asks you to unload the trailer so they can look at The car is an imbecile and anyone who agrees is just as stupid.

Cheers Luke.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
People have had cars defected on trailers coming/going to events like summernats and easternats. This is fact, beit wrong it has happened, hence why jecs has started this thread.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
I laughed when I read some of the responses on here. If the vehicle is on a trailer and is not started and on the road it cannot be defected. For the pure and simple fact it's not being driven on the road. You could have made changes which are illegal so it can compete in a race event etc. So you don't get defected you put it on a trailer (think about it guys) . Any police officer who asks you to unload the trailer so they can look at The car is an imbecile and anyone who agrees is just as stupid.

Cheers Luke.

I might just have a laugh at your response aswell. Cars have been defected on trailers before, that's a FACT. Be it right or wrong, it has been done in the past.