Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car ordering dramas

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
'day all,

Just asking some advice regarding my recent new car purchase. A week or so ago I signed a contract for a 'new' nitrate VE SSV M6 sedan. When I signed the contract I was told that there were no nitrate cars available so mine would have to be ordered from the factory which would give around a February delivery date.
Today I get a call from the dealer stating that they have 'found' a nitrate VE SSV M6 sedan which is a '08 model. They are saying that the build date is sometime in Feb '08 not really sure.
I was of the belief that they are up to MY 09.5 now?
Apparently I must take delivery of a car before Christmas so that the dealer can claim the Holden bonus currently on offer or the car is going to cost me more.

My questions are:

Does the '08 model have the crappy lego centre instruments?
What would have happened if I ordered a factory option ie sat nav?
Should I insist on a new car and wait until feb so I don't have to take the old model that has been sitting around for almost 11 months?

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
if i was me i would wait till feb and take the new one, also it depend if u payed for brand new it should be brand new not 11 months old, also the k's as it might of been a tester ,
just my 2 cents

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
id take the my9.5, far less problems, work out if the fuel offer is really worth it, like petty is pretty well under a dollar now anyway

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
id take the my9.5, far less problems, work out if the fuel offer is really worth it, like petty is pretty well under a dollar now anyway

Thanks for your fast replies guys, it is not the fuel offer that I was referring to, it is the Holden factory bonus for cars that get delivered before 24 Dec. It gets you just over 10,000 of new car price.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
They would be getting a massive bonus from holden to sell old stock and they will be desperate to flog the old one..

plus in under 3 weeks time it will be last years model and you will drop a big chunk of value from your new car..

At least if you wait ( which can be hard:cry:) you will have the current year model for the following 10 months....

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
Does any one know off hand what month/year build date did the MY09.5 start? I really don't want to end up with the ****ty lego gauges either...

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
They would be getting a massive bonus from holden to sell old stock and they will be desperate to flog the old one..

plus in under 3 weeks time it will be last years model and you will drop a big chunk of value from your new car..

At least if you wait ( which can be hard:cry:) you will have the current year model for the following 10 months....

I am more than happy to wait, that is why I signed the contract even though they said there was no nitrate M6's around. It was only today they said that they have 'found' one that is apparently sitting in a holding yard at Engadine.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
I am more than happy to wait, that is why I signed the contract even though they said there was no nitrate M6's around. It was only today they said that they have 'found' one that is apparently sitting in a holding yard at Engadine.

can i ask what you mean by the lego guages lol,

can you try a different dealer or has the paperwork been signed?

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
I have called the earlier gauges called lego but I cant find a pic of them. They are the ones that only show two pieces of information versus the new three. The new ones have volts, oil temp and oil press as a numerical value. I just think that they look much better and would be interested to know what build date they came in on?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
I have called the earlier gauges called lego but I cant find a pic of them. They are the ones that only show two pieces of information versus the new three. The new ones have volts, oil temp and oil press as a numerical value. I just think that they look much better and would be interested to know what build date they came in on?

oh ok didnt know they changed them, i think my09 started in july-august?