Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] Car Security - Bollards

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
MAXXIS group do secuirty bollards that slide into a hole in the ground. All you do is unlock it and slide the bollard out by hand. Why don't you just get a wheel clamp cheaper and less destructive to get installed.
The setup i've seen just fold down once the thing is unlocked, not slide the whole bollard into the ground. This setup would only need a few short bolt holes, not a metre deep hole......

SSbeast

Reaction score
The setup i've seen just fold down once the thing is unlocked, not slide the whole bollard into the ground. This setup would only need a few short bolt holes, not a metre deep hole......

Yeah but that's like putting a fake flashing LED on the dash of your car it's more visual deterent that actually doing anything. It's four dyna bolts that will just pop out as soon as any force is applied to it and remeber the levers and fulcrum principle get the pole from the top and you could lever the bolts out but just a light tug. You can get fold down ones that the base plate is deeply embedded in the concrete which would be 1000X better. Again just get a wheel clamp. If they want ur car that badly they'll get it anyway.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah but that's like putting a fake flashing LED on the dash of your car it's more visual deterent that actually doing anything. It's four dyna bolts that will just pop out as soon as any force is applied to it and remeber the levers and fulcrum principle get the pole from the top and you could lever the bolts out but just a light tug. You can get fold down ones that the base plate is deeply embedded in the concrete which would be 1000X better. Again just get a wheel clamp. If they want ur car that badly they'll get it anyway.

You must be the hulk. I've seen people (who cant drive) drive a forklift into a bollard and not dislodge it, with the same dynabolts you'd use for the security bollard.

SSbeast

Reaction score
Well the one in the 5th gear test is what i'm talking about you can get those that you slide in that arn't automatic. I'm just saying that the bollarads that are held onto a base plate with 4 dyna bolts aren't very effective. Don't get be wront the dyna bolt setup is ok as the bolts will stretch when pryed at but they will only hold so much. Again Bollards are a very permant setup either way you look at it. What if you move then its not something you can just take with you. I'm still for the wheel clampl idea.

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL Calais Turbo, VZ SV6
You must be the hulk. I've seen people (who cant drive) drive a forklift into a bollard and not dislodge it, with the same dynabolts you'd use for the security bollard.

Yer there bloody hard things to move once there in, there used in construction and are near impossible to remove once their in.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well the one in the 5th gear test is what i'm talking about you can get those that you slide in that arn't automatic. I'm just saying that the bollarads that are held onto a base plate with 4 dyna bolts aren't very effective. Don't get be wront the dyna bolt setup is ok as the bolts will stretch when pryed at but they will only hold so much. Again Bollards are a very permant setup either way you look at it. What if you move then its not something you can just take with you. I'm still for the wheel clampl idea.
I'm not sure we're on the same page here. The ones i'm talking about bolt into the ground. When you move, you just grind the heads off, remove the plate, and then grind the bolts that are sticking out of the ground down. No more than 10 miutes work with a grinder.

That is off course, assuming the landlord will let you drill into his concrete in the first place.

nstone63

wants a new car
Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 VN Executive
yeah, the fold down ones are what I'm looking at.. I'd rather put in four chemset studs than a metre deep pit :p
They're going for about $150, so it's not too expensive in addition to an alarm, and a more visible deterrent..

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah, the fold down ones are what I'm looking at.. I'd rather put in four chemset studs than a metre deep pit :p
They're going for about $150, so it's not too expensive in addition to an alarm, and a more visible deterrent..

Plus no-one can steal your park when your out ;) (if you can be bothered putting it down and up twice every trip haha)

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
cant remember what it's called but i remember seeing on the net or something, but it was a steel rope thing between 2 posts that was used as a security gate, basically push a remote control button and the rope drops down so you can drive your car over it. might have a look for it on the net after i finish work.