Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Steering weirdly

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
FWIW, the advantage of a Watts linkage over a Panhard bar is that the diff. doesn't move laterally with vertical movement. One practical manifestation of this is the need for an adjustable Panhard bar where a Commodore is lowered while an adjustable linkage is not required where a Falcon is.

Yes, a misaligned, as in not perpendicular to the longitudinal axis, rear axle can steer the car and cause a strange steering feel, different in left and right hand turns.

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
Hey Zapp you say its a ford thing but how many holdens have the 9" diff in them thats a ford thing as well

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
Get a proper 4 wheel align done (explain to the aligner what your issue is) and go from there.

Most of the time if you ask for alignment, you get a 'toe and go' on the front wheels only.

zapper-l67

LS# Eat One Today...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Hey Zapp you say its a ford thing but how many holdens have the 9" diff in them thats a ford thing as well

Dude now old are you, I used to have a cut down 9" in a Torana back in the late 70's.
The ford 9" diffs are old school now, and consume too much power in drive train loss turning those big gears..
The 78 and 80 series Borg Warner Diffs are more than up to the task these days..
Zapp

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Im not that old Zapp I got the diff info off my old man as he also had toranas in his days,but I was just stating a ford part that a holden used thats all mate

zapper-l67

LS# Eat One Today...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Dude I was talking to a friend of mine still involved with V8 taxi racing.
And he told me there are 12 genuine Ford parts used in the Holden V8 super taxi and 14 genuine Ford parts used in the ford super taxi..
What a Pissa Hay
Zapp

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well bugger me I didnt know there were that many