Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Stolen, Insurance issues, need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Financial Ombudsman, ACCC are best ports of call once if AAMI come back unfavourably. I took AAMI to the Ombudsman 3 years ago and they backed down straight away.

getting someone bigger and badder than them onside is a great move.

Make sure you give them a chance to rectify the issue and then go at the pricks.

VE_CalaisV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportswagon
Hey all,

First of all want t say a massive thank you to all your advice and support. That's why I love these forums.

So to kind of answer of few things that you all have brought up:
1) I never changed cards, direct debits payment details etc. The direct debit was setup to come out of my regular savings account which I have had for 10 years and still use. so zero changes.
2) Aami have admitted they have no proof of me receiving these "letters: notifying me of my lapsed payments and cancelled policy
3) Aami have also already admitted that they are currently using two systems for their policies (new one and old one) and they are not working well in unison and one systme says a letter has been sent, whilst the new system does not recognise this.
4) I have already proven to AAMI that I had EVERY intention of continuing my policy and never tried to get out of it.

AAMI called me yesterday and told me that the car is a write off. Engine is stuffed, gearbox and diff are stuffed. Panel damage, respray etc not worth it.. They have rejected my initial claim and I have already registered a new claim with their complaints department, if this gets cancelled then I will officially involve the ombudsman.

I feel very confident they will cover my claim. I have done some research and found others in my situation and they have had their claims honoured by AAMI. It's just a waiting game right now.

Thanks again everyone, I've had a pretty rough week and coming on here has made it far more manageable.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd potentially still involve the ombudsman just to get some solid advice, being that AAMI may try and drag this out you might see a bit of your time chewed up waiting - I'd be hitting up the ombudsman to see if you may have some sort of recourse around getting a hire car in the interim if needed and how much time you should be giving them to resolve the issue.

Never hurts to give a big company like AAMI a good kick up the you know what to get them moving.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
The ombudsman wont even listen to your case untill youve exhausted your avenues with AAMI.

Go to them after youve escalated it.

if they are anything like the telecommunications one they will listen to you and give you advice on what outcomes to expect.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'd potentially still involve the ombudsman just to get some solid advice, being that AAMI may try and drag this out you might see a bit of your time chewed up waiting - I'd be hitting up the ombudsman to see if you may have some sort of recourse around getting a hire car in the interim if needed and how much time you should be giving them to resolve the issue.

Never hurts to give a big company like AAMI a good kick up the you know what to get them moving.

Bugger over the car being written off....I do hope AAMI do cough up over the car being written off....

I also hope you are keeping records of conversations you are having with them.....ie, times, dates and customer service members name.....that will all help if you have to involve the ombudsman....

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
if they are anything like the telecommunications one they will listen to you and give you advice on what outcomes to expect.

When I attempted to talk to the telecommunications ombudsman I was asked if what attempts I had made to resolve my issue and I said we were in negotiations still. They told me to come back when I had an unsatisfactory result until then they were not interested.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
When I attempted to talk to the telecommunications ombudsman I was asked if what attempts I had made to resolve my issue and I said we were in negotiations still. They told me to come back when I had an unsatisfactory result until then they were not interested.

maybe it depends on the time of day or which way the winds blowing but my dealings with the ombudsman also included advice on what outcomes to expect, you don't need to actually make a complaint to talk to them.

I like to get things resolved as soon as I can so hearing the ombudsman say you must do x, y and z and then we'll get involved is worth it for me.

The telecommunications one only require you to make 1 call and have that call escalated to a manager who fails to action your request if reasonable, next call - TIO. I have done this, first time I went through all the hoops at the telco, got stuffed around for months on end - never again.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG

Ombudsman(s) will not get invovled until all dispute channels within the corporation you are dealing with have been exhausted.

Status
Not open for further replies.