Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Stolen, Insurance issues, need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Ombudsman(s) will not get invovled until all dispute channels within the corporation you are dealing with have been exhausted.

& that is as easy as saying you have tried to sort the issue out with AAMI and have not been able to come to an agreement.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
& that is as easy as saying you have tried to sort the issue out with AAMI and have not been able to come to an agreement.

Right. So when they become involved and find out you lied.... then what?

There are processes in place for a reason. Step one is try to resolve yourself. If you cannot, then you involve independent third parties.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Has OP read his PDS?
Perhaps he should read page 42 of it there is a section on overdue instalments and what AAMI will do in those circumstances

It's not quite that black and white though in this instance. Sure if he was supposed to pay by instalments and failed to pay fair call, but his direct debit was not processed due to factors that could be beyond his control. AAMI have already acknowledged a flaw within two payments systems.

VE_CalaisV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportswagon
Has OP read his PDS?
Perhaps he should read page 42 of it there is a section on overdue instalments and what AAMI will do in those circumstances

http://www.aami.com.au/sites/default/files/fm/pdf/comprehensive-car-pds.pdf

Hey Gopher, yep read my PDS, but I'm saying that I never received that communication from them, and they are also saying they can't prove they sent it, so do you reckon I'm going to fight tooth and nail to get my claim or just because page 42 says they send me a letter I should give up and cop losing $30k on the chin???

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Right. So when they become involved and find out you lied.... then what?

There are processes in place for a reason. Step one is try to resolve yourself. If you cannot, then you involve independent third parties.

No ****...
In this situation the Op has stated they have not got a message from AAMI, if this is the truth & they fill in a Statutory declaration, they will have all rights to do what I said!

Who said anything about lying, why have you jumped to conclusions??

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Just over one year ago I went through ACAT with a similar situation (took me one year to get a result), but I ended up getting $900 of the $1000 back due to a fault/lie on their behalf.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
AAMI said they sent me 2-3 letters about my direct debits failing (and I have 2 of those, and all they say is that my payment has been declined and to ensure funds are in by such and such a date)

So you received these 2 letters informing you your direct debit had failed and for the next 2 months you obviously did nothing about it?

ALL my other direct debit arrangements, call me as soon as a payment is missed... YOUI, Red Cross, Gym, Lease etc. So why is an exeption.

Sounds like you need to get your finances under some sort of control if you regularly miss all these direct debits

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG

No ****...
In this situation the Op has stated they have not got a message from AAMI, if this is the truth & they fill in a Statutory declaration, they will have all rights to do what I said!

Who said anything about lying, why have you jumped to conclusions??

*sigh*

Ombudsman will ask for all correspondence between consumer and corporation (in this case OP and AAMI) and if they see that consumer has pursued 1 out of 4 internal dispute resolution methods with the corporation they will go back to the consumer and say try again.

Ombudsman's are third party mediators who are paid by the government who will ONLY step in once the corporations normal dispute resolution processes have been exhausted. You want to skip a few steps? Get a lawyer.

Simple as that, that is how the ombudsman system operates.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
It wont hurt to indicate to the insurer that you will not hesitate to elevate to the Ombudsman if they cannot resolve the matter directly.

While I have never worked in insurance, I did spend many years (too many) in banking and as soon as the word Ombudsman was used it was amazing how the internal process & decision making would change.

In banking, if a case was raised with the Ombudsman, the bank would be levied a fee by the Obudsman, irrespective of the end result. My understanding was that this was charged because of the bank's inability to resolve a customer dispute. The bank was also reluctant to have the issue recorded in the Ombudsman's records. Two good motivators to resolve prior to elevation by the customer.

The internal message was clear.....do not let it get to the Ombudsman.

Status
Not open for further replies.