Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car trying to kill me

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
ahhhh yes, the old pushing the limits with the family sedan. rite on!

oscar03

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY ss hothouse green
when i was a bit younger i had my torana at the drags and did a bit of damage to the diff. being young and wise decided to try and drive it home and was going round a round-about when it decided it was going to mash teeth togeather. it locked the diff solid hadr enough to stall the engine. i ahd to get a mate to come drag it out of the way and to even get it on a trailer we had to gut the thiing. when it whent it was like some one pulled the hand brake on it ended up pointing at the round about held traffic up for about 20 mins. the cops turned up and for a moment so did a tv crew ( someone rang them and said there was an acident... they left when they saw what really happened). so it is possible (but i really doubt it) that it could have been a fault with the car
also any one who is on here is passionate about cars meaning that 90% or more of us have been guilty of doing something like this when we where young and learning how to drive... i did.

i only hope that op wakes up and wises up before he does do any thing bad to himself or someone else. and yeah the silvia comment didn't help his cause much.

and now for something constructive.
a defencive driving course WILL really help also so could track days they provide a much safer and more controlled enviroment to do things like push yours and the cars limits and if playing in gravel is your thing try finding an amature rally club... learn the finer pionts of car control you will also be exposed to skilled drivers that won't critisise you but try and help you improve. i am the competition secratery for a club down here in tas and myself and the other members are always there to offer help when asked. not only will it help avoid situatios like that in the future but you will have a ton of fun too.

sorry to go on so much.

gotham.r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 3.8 S1
thanks for the responses. yes I know there's no rallying in a commodore, it was simply overestimating both my skills and the conditions..
I do still have a alot to learn I won't deny it,
I don't plan on it happening again and it has undoubtedly taught me a lesson. I will definitely look at the advance driving courses.
The car is also my own, have never borrowed my parents car.
thanks to those with actual advice and help. I do understand the consequences, in-experience and the stupidity of the said situation but was only looking for advice for the future and not any criticism.

cheers

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Driving an auto like a manual is annoying enough, but you obviously planted your foot in 2nd for it to drop down to 1st for it to still have enough punch behind it to put you in a spin.

Driving like a dik wont get you anywhere with the girls or your mates.

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
The car wasn't trying to kill you, you're stupidity was trying to kill you.

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
thanks for the responses. yes I know there's no rallying in a commodore, it was simply overestimating both my skills and the conditions..
I do still have a alot to learn I won't deny it,
I don't plan on it happening again and it has undoubtedly taught me a lesson. I will definitely look at the advance driving courses.
The car is also my own, have never borrowed my parents car.
thanks to those with actual advice and help. I do understand the consequences, in-experience and the stupidity of the said situation but was only looking for advice for the future and not any criticism.

cheers

I would have to say............A very sensible reply

Dazz

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Possibly the most sensible reply to a mass of troll comments, including my own. Well done to you sir, 10 points to gryffindor

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Best thing i did when i was a lad was take the 4wd onto a mud flat and slide around for a few hours every weekend...i would have the vehicle in rear wheel only and it tought me about over-correcteion, scandy flicks and a lot of other techniques and best of all it was free.....and if i ####ed up i wasnt gonna hit anything, when i got bogged i just put it in 4wd and drove out