Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car very sick...

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
Hi Guys
I've done a search and can't find any threads of the same topic. Our 'other' car is really sick this morning on Mike's way to work. It coughs and splutters and all the dash lights, warning lights etc keep coming on and off as it's coughing then it just dies on him. Then nothing - not a light not a turnover not nothing. Then he tries it again little while later then off she goes again for a few kms then starts playing up again. I'm thinking alternator????? Can anyone shed some light on it's behaviour please??

Cheers Del

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
Could be the battery,the CAS (crank angle sensor), coil pack or ignition lead/s.

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
:unsure: :supersad:

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
Lol - thanks vinnywelsh....guess I have to take it to a fixerer person ...

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
"other" as in other commodore??, id be geting some leads from supercheap or sumin first

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
This sound very simular to what my car was doing the other day. The alternator was not charging, ( in my case falty connection to alternator ) so it is draining all your power from your battery. An auto electrican Should be able to do a free test on the alternator to confirm this. :thumbsup: Get it done as soon as possible, otherwise you will need a new battery as well.

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
It could be the alternator, its just that every warning light displays lol. normaly it will just be the little battery light. but it does sound like an electrical problem