Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Washes

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
#### those auto washes, there **** don't clean it properly. and for $10 you'd expect better.

i usually give the car a spray with water, then a scrub microfiber sponge with meguires car soap then a final hose down. comes out well.

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
My Landcruisers always ended up with scratchy finishes coz that what you get from bushes etc so I they go through the auto car wash. I don’t know how scratch free they are. I can’t say I have ever noticed damage. All my company cars went through the auto washes. When I had my VY SV8 which I bought new and now with my Monaro I washed them by hand. My Monaro has a paint finish on it which means it cleans up in most cases with water and a microfiber cloth. It has special detergent if I need to use something stronger.

Bill44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 08 MY09
I do my own. Even when my car goes in for a service I specify "Do Not Wash & Do Not Paint The Tyres".

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I've done far worse things in my life than not waxing my car that make Jesus sad lol.

Nah, I love my car, I really do. But the main reason I bought a clubsport over an SS is because I like the look inside & outside better... I needed a V8 because a) I'm a revhead at heart and b) as I mentioned before, lots & lots of highway driving, and need the power to overtake.

So the fact that I don't kill myself & my child when overtaking a road train, is a little bit higher on my list of priorities than how shiny my car is ;)

Lol...good answer :) I take my hat off to you.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
:hmmm: people wash their cars??

missvpspack

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vp s pack
i hand wash my car more so coz i enjoy it and a friend of my went tho with his car and the paint was in poor con and it pretty much stripped the clear coat and i dont belive they do a good enough job cleaning the car for the money you pay going tho it

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
I only ever wash my own car.

One of my mates keeps letting his car get really dirty then brings it to mine cause he knows I can stand a dirty car and will clean it if it gets left there long enough lol. I am one of those weird bastards who loves cleaning cars.

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
^^ Same!! I have the SSV with me at the moment, wondered why until I had a look in the rear and there it was, leather conditioner & the car wash. Cheeky bugger!! I HATE a dirty car!!! And the the previous person who says they care more about not killing their kid while overtaking, a shiny car stands out WAY more :p haha!

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
I don't like the automatic car washes, I just take a bucket and use their water. Whittled it down to $3 for a full wash now.

LittleMissVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport
And the the previous person who says they care more about not killing their kid while overtaking, a shiny car stands out WAY more :p haha!

Yeh dude I like jokes as much as the next person, but try not to bring a dead kid into it eh?