Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

caring for the Calais in future in regards to buying a VZ Calais what ae any trouble areas to look for in these cars when buying one in future

holden mick.1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais VZ
hi guys in the future when im really ready im going tobuy a VZ Calais as my project in future to fully restore back to as new Condition as thiswas the V6 model Calais as im just going torestore it to as new order as i feel thiswas better for this nicer car tobe restored to as new order as im going to drive this car as my future weekend car thiswas really fr better to fully restore these cars back to as new order as i have tobe safe with the law these days as i feel as a mature headed gent i like my cars tobe factory fresh all the time as i dont like crazy mods on these cars id rather keep my cars always looking nicer as a car thats was fresh from the Holden factory say restored to as new condition thiswas really in case i see thiswas really the case in my future weekend car was a really nicer and fully restored VZ Calais as thiswas really be getting as my weekend car in future as id rather be a Holden restorer thiswas rather be keeping my VZ Calais as from the factory as i reastore this nicer car back to as new factory fresh Condition and looking factory fresh when i restore these cars i knew when to use new factory parts as needed thiswas my goals my holden friends

Reactions: Lex

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Yeah, I like the VZ Calais too.
It will make a nice weekend cruiser for you.

Good luck.
And start a build thread if you do.

Reactions: Lex

marty351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl gemini
Make sure alloytec engines are still available/affordable.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
hi guys in the future when im really ready im going tobuy a VZ Calais as my project in future to fully restore back to as new Condition as thiswas the V6 model Calais as im just going torestore it to as new order as i feel thiswas better for this nicer car tobe restored to as new order as im going to drive this car as my future weekend car thiswas really fr better to fully restore these cars back to as new order as i have tobe safe with the law these days as i feel as a mature headed gent i like my cars tobe factory fresh all the time as i dont like crazy mods on these cars id rather keep my cars always looking nicer as a car thats was fresh from the Holden factory say restored to as new condition thiswas really in case i see thiswas really the case in my future weekend car was a really nicer and fully restored VZ Calais as thiswas really be getting as my weekend car in future as id rather be a Holden restorer thiswas rather be keeping my VZ Calais as from the factory as i reastore this nicer car back to as new factory fresh Condition and looking factory fresh when i restore these cars i knew when to use new factory parts as needed thiswas my goals my holden friends
Hey Holden Mick, I admire your courage. I wouldn’t no where to start with a project like this.
Tell me, have you had previous experience with this sort of thing? If so, please give us a brief outline of what and when:)

holden mick.1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais VZ
Yeah, I like the VZ Calais too.
It will make a nice weekend cruiser for you.

Good luck.
And start a build thread if you do.
this was my future weekend car as i knew these was my good weekend car as thiswas really be a small project in case carw as really in good order this was a really good csse on future if car was in good nice to start with as im getting this car from an older seller with my own money in future as thiswas really be my 1st ever VZ Calais as i see thiswas my 1st ever smart weekend car in Future as im going to service it myself in future as i have my bro Jason was gonna help me fix it up in future as in case the car was a really good one i just fix a few things on it as needed as i knew my holdens and knew where toget parts if needed as far the car was concerned i really get new factory parts Whenever as possible to fix the car up as needed as im gonna redo the car in the winter months as thiswas still driven as needed in the winter months tobe sure i fix any part on the car myself as i knew whats needed tobe done in future as i knew thiswas really my 1st ever weekend car as i slowly fix it up myself as i knew these cars well

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Get a hold of spare BCM, ECM, PIM and Key.

Get a hold of a new Evap core and heater core.

Buy a complete set of new heater and cooling hoses as spares.

Get some spare HVAC actuators.

Set aside the budget to restore the seats, a couple of grand easy.

Get a spare HVAC control module.
Get a spare heater fan resisitor.

Buy a set of spare relays
Spare fusible links.

Get some spare console clips for the sunnies, and lower storage console.

Find a spare set of rear lights and headlights.

Get a spare set of fog lights.

Spare headlight switch

Spare function/mode button set.

Get a spare indicator stalk.

Get a spare clock spring

Get a spare air bag.

Spare window switche/s

Have some new window motors.

The rest will always be fairly easy to get when things wear out.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Get a hold of spare BCM, ECM, PIM and Key.

Get a hold of a new Evap core and heater core.

Buy a complete set of new heater and cooling hoses as spares.

Get some spare HVAC actuators.

Set aside the budget to restore the seats, a couple of grand easy.

Get a spare HVAC control module.
Get a spare heater fan resisitor.

Buy a set of spare relays
Spare fusible links.

Get some spare console clips for the sunnies, and lower storage console.

Find a spare set of rear lights and headlights.

Get a spare set of fog lights.

Spare headlight switch

Spare function/mode button set.

Get a spare indicator stalk.

Get a spare clock spring

Get a spare air bag.

Spare window switche/s

Have some new window motors.

The rest will always be fairly easy to get when things wear out.
Very demanding:)