Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cars/Vehicles

Ando227

Serious?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Series II Ute
Yeah, this one is a photoshop. But I like it.

I use to shoot completely in Manual but recently changed to Ap and Sp for different effects. Soon to get a new 50mm lens, Photo shoot is in order this w/e.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
:rofl: Shooting in aperture and shutter priority for different effects? It does nothing different from manual except think for you.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Like Minux said, Av and Tv modes just calculate settings required based on one fixed and multiple unfixed variables. It won't change the effects any more than if you had chosen those same settings in full manual.

That being said, it can be very useful in certain situations. For example, I was shooting at a hilllclimb recently. At the top of the loops, the lighting chagned from dense tree cover, to full sunlight. Even with custom function switches set for sunlight and for shade, having to turn the dial from one to the other meant I missed a lot of shots in the middle. Too dark or too light, respectively. Choosing shutterspeed priority allowed it to change settings on the fly between shots, even at 8fps and changing from full sun to full shade, it was fast enough to get focus and still manage at least 6fps.

As for your photo, I'm not sold on the photoshop blur. Ech to their own, but it's too sudden. If the 50mm you're waiting on is a nifty fifty or something along those lines, with a fast maximum aperture, you would be able to isolate the front bar back to maybe half way back in the engine bay, minux? I can't think off the top of my head what DOF you might get from a 50mm @ f1.8 from... 3-5m? away. It would soften the sudden change from sharp to blurred, and get rid of the obvious edges like you see on the tyres.

Ando227

Serious?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Series II Ute
Yeah, effects would be the right word. In Ap, DOF would be the effect/technique while not having to worry about shutter speed. Taking portrature shots of a face only will give you a blurred nose and ear while eyes are in focus, hence effect.

Same with shutter priority, a sweeping shot of a bird flying or car drift past will capture a shot suggesting motion, something you can do with Ap but not recommended.

Manual can do both. You both know this, i'm just stating that these settings can achieve "effects".

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Yeah, effects would be the right word. In Ap, DOF would be the effect/technique while not having to worry about shutter speed. Taking portrature shots of a face only will give you a blurred nose and ear while eyes are in focus, hence effect.

Same with shutter priority, a sweeping shot of a bird flying or car drift past will capture a shot suggesting motion, something you can do with Ap but not recommended.

Manual can do both. You both know this, i'm just stating that these settings can achieve "effects".

Those settings achieve nothing more than what you can do on manual. Shallow depth of field is not an effect...

Stressball

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
IMG_5281.jpg

I'm not normally into choppers etc, but V8 with a ####ing fat fuel tank... Unusual, to say the least.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
went to the motorshow had my camera phone, its not great with its auto focus nor am I at photography lol.
P05-07-11_1408.jpg

P05-07-11_1405.jpg

P05-07-11_1327.jpg

P05-07-11_131903.jpg

P05-07-11_1229.jpg

P05-07-11_1228.jpg

P05-07-11_122501.jpg

P05-07-11_1224.jpg

P05-07-11_1226.jpg

GIMPY1

Bass Slappin Mag Designer
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH STATESMAN GENIII
im all inspired now! will take the the car out tonight and give it a whirl! gives me an excuse to use my new fixed 50mm! :p

Stressball

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Cool. Little bit too cartoony for my liking, but each to their own.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk