Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cat converter replacement for 09 SIDI calais V.

TOMCAT85

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV -Redline, Herron White.
Apparently the cats that you linked me cant just be put on the commodore without needing some other thing called Bunkers, to stop the computer from faulting. I managed to find a second hand one off a car that had been wrecked at 55K kms, costing me 450 fitted. better then 1200 i guess.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Well done.

But bunkers? Never heard of that.....

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE INTERNATIONAL MY10
Who gave you this "BUNKER" information??? Never heard of them either? Was it whoever you bought the secondhand cat/header pipe off? People will tell ya anything to sell their crap, Shame you will more than likely need the other side fixed soon, No way I would have just changed 1 or fitted another stock one but at least you got it sorted for now

TOMCAT85

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV -Redline, Herron White.
It was the guy at the exhaust place when i said could i fit 2 different cats he said they had to be euro4 or 5 otherwise my sensors would still find a problem and trip the engine light. the link to the cat that was put on here is a 200cell, apparently the commodore one is 900cell, also called euro4, or something like that lol
i just spoke with someone else and they said a similar thing and he also said that if one side is faulty then a good chance the other side is to, i rang the guy doing the change on monday and asked if i should do both sides and he said i could but maybe just wait and make sure the left side is faulty before swapping. i just plugged in the scan tool again and it only says bank 1 code, im assuming if the left side was also faulty it would throw the bank 2 code aswell??

An interesting observation though, i looked at the live data and the reading coming from the 02b1s2 and 02b2s2 both hover around .760 from what im reading, thats the reading of the sensor after the cats, and the cat thats faulty should be causing the reading to be different on that side, anyone else know what there readings are on the 2 sensors?