Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Caught Speeding, Whats Going To Happen Now?

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Iv'e just had a sudden thought, I hoped we are not being trolled on this thread

I wish! But unfortunately I did get caught and this is real.

Anyway, here is some new information straight from VicRoads!

Keep in mind that this is regarding people that have Green P-Plates and in Victoria:

No Speeding - Fine ($146 Minimum), One to six demerit points. One to six months licence suspension.

No Excessive Speeding (45km/h over the limit) - Fine ($502 Minimum), Eight demerit points. 12 months licence suspension. Vehicle impoundment for 48 hours (first offence), Vehicle impoundment for up to 3 months (second offence), Vehicle confiscation (third offence).

So by that, I was under by 3km/h, depending on how many points the officer decides to give me (if any), then I might get 6 months, or it could be less.

Now some officers do let you off with a warning or aren't so harsh. Reason I say this is because I was pulled over once and didn't have my licence on me, it says that you should receive a $117 fine (no points) for not carrying a licence on Green P's, but I was only 2kms from home so he let me go.

Also he didn't notice that I was driving a high powered vehicle (didn't look), which would have also been a $234 fine and 3 points.

I have a whole list of requirements and penalties for both red and green P's in vic if anyone is interested. I can post them.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Haha so in other words once he starts all the paper work your ass is gone!

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Haha so in other words once he starts all the paper work your ass is gone!

Depends if he actually does decide to do any paperwork or not. Knowing my luck he will, but it's my own fault.

RT300

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6
"lol. You sir, are not only full of ****, but your advice is also full of ****. You are like a "full of **** onion" that makes people cry as they peel away the "full of ****" layers only to reveal more layers of "full of ****" and the potent aroma of "full of ****".

But hey, I am willing to let you prove everyone wrong. Present the extract of the laws or citizen rights that back your utter rubbish.

*Waiting with bated breath*"

Jesterarts , I don't know why you react to the statement I made with such hostility. What happened is fact. Apparently you have a limited knowledge of such things and wish to be educated? Start by getting off your butt and going to your state library and start doing your own study. If I had broken the law would not I have been charged and arrested? Can you point out to me where YOU THINK the law has been broken and who the injured parties are? Typical response to attack what you don't comprehend.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Jesterarts , I don't know why you react to the statement I made with such hostility. What happened is fact. Apparently you have a limited knowledge of such things and wish to be educated? Start by getting off your butt and going to your state library and start doing your own study. If I had broken the law would not I have been charged and arrested? Can you point out to me where YOU THINK the law has been broken and who the injured parties are? Typical response to attack what you don't comprehend.

Lol, you don't understand the reaction yet you're clever enough to walk away from 118 kmh over the limit and officers with guns drawn? Regardless of any loopholes exploited based on your Internet words being factual you broke the law. Speed limits are legislated law with enforcement provisions backing them up called police and a judicial system designed to clean up sloppy little seepers like you. Sadly it has flaws that clever folk often slip through. I'm not inferring you're clever by any means. Why do there have to be injured parties? Are you saying laws are only broken if someone gets hurt?

Also, if you had half a brain you would have bookmarked the URL of the media release this alleged incident no doubt would have been in and posted it for us.

Oh that's right it's school holidays......

wod300

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Berlina Supercharged 3.8
Mate , You need to study what your rights are. Nobody here seems to know. I got pulled over at gunpoint by the cops in an unmarked car.(An offence in itself) They alleged I was speeding and driving in a manner dangerous to the public. I had in fact been doing 188 km/hr in a 70 zone. He also tried to threaten me with a defect on the car. I walked away with no fines or defect and nothing to answer to. When you know how their system works , a little about law and your rights , then there is very little they can do to you. If you give a public servant jurisdiction over you , then all the statutes , acts and by laws they represent apply to you. Don't give them jurisdiction and don't contract with them. All that applies then is common law.
Unfortunately when you answered their questions and showed your drivers licence , you blew it. They can do whatever they want to you under the road traffic act or any other obscure law they care to. Wait and see what turns up in the mail.

With all due respect (well, not really) I think your misinterpreting the right to remain silent.

I work with police on most nights (bail justice) and I showed your post to them and they couldn't think of any reason you would have walked away from this without at least a dangerous driving charge.

All serious driving offences are criminal offences, it just depends on how police decide to proceed with it.

Maybe you have diplomatic immunity?

I really would like to know how you managed to get out of it. I think I smell a troll. Either way, we are probably off topic. Sorry op.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Mate , You need to study what your rights are. Nobody here seems to know. I got pulled over at gunpoint by the cops in an unmarked car.(An offence in itself) They alleged I was speeding and driving in a manner dangerous to the public. I had in fact been doing 188 km/hr in a 70 zone. He also tried to threaten me with a defect on the car. I walked away with no fines or defect and nothing to answer to. When you know how their system works , a little about law and your rights , then there is very little they can do to you. If you give a public servant jurisdiction over you , then all the statutes , acts and by laws they represent apply to you. Don't give them jurisdiction and don't contract with them. All that applies then is common law.
Unfortunately when you answered their questions and showed your drivers licence , you blew it. They can do whatever they want to you under the road traffic act or any other obscure law they care to. Wait and see what turns up in the mail.

Bahahahahaha. I lol'd so fkn hard. When do school holidays finish? Nah, seriously. You need to leave the crack alone.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I think OP knows what is coming , let's it's a lesson learned and to RT 300 , mum says it's time for bed , other wise no more computer time for you young man

Last edited: