Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Caught Speeding, Whats Going To Happen Now?

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
if he was in the S/C car, would he not have been pinged for that instead seeing as it being a Berlina it is not on the exempted list anyway?
which would be a fairly harsh penalty in itself anyway.

playing the devils advocate here, at no point is it stated it was in that car, seeing he has a barn full of other cars to choose from.

just wait for it to come in the mail.
then figure out your options.
if as bags has stated, you have a clean record, see if you can write in and get it cleared.
who knows, *touch wood* you might not have anything come at all.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Don't know many people who would get a magna or a Colorado tuned?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Still bizarre he didn't write you up then and there for such a heinous crime. Did he show you the recorded speed on his kit? He is obliged to do so.

Personally I think he's full of ****. Twice in my life I got the "In-the-mail" spiel and twice I got nothing. That said this was back when speeders weren't considered a threat to national security and the western way of life, they'd put you over their knee and spank you before they'd suck away cash and a license.

....I made a stupid decision at the wrong time....

Hahaha, there's a right time? Solid gold man :)

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I got pulled over for tailgating a few months ago. I think it was a mistake because I wasn't even driving on the road that he claims he saw me, and he said he lost me in traffic for about a minute but he just kept driving around the estate hoping to catch up with the bloke he saw :(

Anyway, he said that under the new hoon laws if he wrote me a fine, he'd have to impound my car so he sent me a fine in the mail instead. Apparently since the hoon laws were tightened they basically have a mandatory impound law for a long list of driving offences and it's not fair or practical so they just send fines in the mail to get around it.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Don't know many people who would get a magna or a Colorado tuned?

didn't know speeds in both those cars are limited to 110 and the speedos don't state up to 200+? ;)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Well I don't know how he got me in the first place, because he was driving (but driving towards me), coming up over a hill, so we didn't see each other until we were fairly close. But I will admit I was speeding, he asked how fast I was going and I said that I didn't know. I didn't admit anything to him, I didn't really say much at all, I didn't even know they could get you if they are also driving.

Subscribed...

You may have got lucky, both of you cresting the hill, he may not have got a good reading on your speed as they do need line of sight for the radar to work...

I'm no up to speed on the latest police radar equipment, but many years I knew a guy who basically out ran a radar on a police car on the motorway. He pulled onto the motorway and nailed it (GTSR 1000 or something like it), there was a copper a way back from the on ramp who did pick him up but never got an actual speed reading. Cop did catch up with him further up road. Cop said the system he had required 3 positive returns from the speeding vehicle which it never got at the speed he pulled away. Contributing factors were the distance between the cop car/on ramp/bike, other traffic. I don't recommend you try this as my old friend got lucky.

I guess you learnt your lesson. Being a P plater being done for speeding (any speed) generally involves getting bent over.......

ChewieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6
I think that he probably had on board radar. It automatically adjusts the recorded speed of the approaching offender by what ever the speed of the police vehicle is. They have been doing this for years. I got done on my bike on the Western Highway near Ballarat, and the cop told me he had me even before I was close enough to see that it was a cop approaching me. The speed was accurate too...I was doing 125 and thats what he clocked me at. This was before everything was videotaped etc, and he wrote me down to 109. Saved me two points and a lot of dollars. He was a good guy (for a TOG).

I would have thought you would have lost your car for a couple of days, on the spot. Maybe this guy wrote you down too. Don't sweat it...it is what it is.. and you might get a pleasant surprise when the fine turns up in the mail...but then you might not.

Edit.....Apologies for repeating what has been said before...I missed reading the last two pages before I posted.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
not all cop cars have radar

not all cops are TOG

not all cops have driving infringement notices in their car with them at all times

i dont see what the confusion is. if he didnt have one of the above, he will get back to the station and write it up later. its not like you need to sign anything. he will get to it when he is good and ready.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Sounds to me like he gauged your speed with his eyes and wanted you to admit to speeding. When you didn't he let it go.

You realise police have in car mounted radar now?