Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CAZNA st

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
If its business related u should!! Good advertising, so it's still a five seater?

Cazna

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Just a few more, will look tomorrow on the back-up as we have heaps :)

Attachments

• IMG_0739.jpg
    IMG_0739.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0737.jpg
    IMG_0737.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0736.jpg
    IMG_0736.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 228

Cazna

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
If its business related u should!! Good advertising, so it's still a five seater?

Yep, has the split rear seat still, great for the mattress when we go fishing. My business is fabrication/maintenance so its kinda fitting but still unsure if it would spoil all the fabrication work/look??

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Not if done well and tastefully, even if just on the rear window.

Cazna

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Yeh thats what I was looking at just the rear but hey lets see, its so tempting to do the sides but I would hate to spoil it :)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
There is a fair slab of steel on the sides. With the right font it could look pretty good.

Maybe get some photoshopping done to get an idea.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
ok my honest opinion. you've done an amazing job with the fab work. its awesome to see custom cars like this and i can only imagine the hours spent doing the panels alone.

bad points i dont like
- id much prefer to see the VR-VS clubsport front bar.
- a set of new wheels. for some reason (which i never usually say this) but i think some polished billet wheels would suit it perfect
- the only other thing bugging me is the door and quarter panel. i dont like how it doesnt flow, like how the door steps in. theres prob a reason behind it but it bugs me lol

anyway keen to see future updates.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
So very cool mate, was pondering (read dreaming) of doing this to a VX one day as like a modern Sandman. Have you ever considered doing a split rear boot like an old van? Would look sweet I reckon. Keep up the updates either way.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
So very cool mate, was pondering (read dreaming) of doing this to a VX one day as like a modern Sandman. Have you ever considered doing a split rear boot like an old van? Would look sweet I reckon. Keep up the updates either way.
yeah the OP got me thinking as well :) my procrastinating was along the lines of a ute as the base and the wagon as a donor for sheet metal ect...that way the tail gate would make for a easier spit rear...also I think the opera windows in the ute look kool....... :D

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
See I think a wagon would be a better base as you have direct access to the rear rather that a window that would need to be removed with windows being filled in rather than grafted on. Either way would be a lot of work.