Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Central Locking - keyless entry issues

andrewgrazier

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT COMMODORE 50th ANNIVERSARY
well that sux, i replaced the damm door motor thing and it still unlocked after i washed my car.

its goin to an auto electrician now!!
here goes $300 i reckon

andrewgrazier

Reaction score
Members Ride
GOd dammit
took it to the auto electrician and ofcourse it didnt happen there, so now im gonna take it to holden instead

andrewgrazier

Reaction score
Members Ride
well, it has just spend another day at the holden dealer. who couldnt find anythign wrong with it, then it went to an electrician for another day and they coudnt find anythin with it either.

so it looks like its got some dodgy wire somewhere thats causing it to stuff up.
least i didnt get charged by them. but then again its hard to tell if they actually had a decent look at it.

Anyone here from newcastle who could reccomend a auto electrician who knows what they are doin??

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
my car did it this morning! I locked it and I'm POSITIVE I locked it, then I came out and pushed the button and ALL the doors unlocked. The indicators didn't flash or anything because the driver's door had already unlocked.

I no longer keep anything of value in my car. It's insured for $10,000 so it would only be a major inconvenience if it got stolen. Also my insurance covers electrical items (excluding mobile phones) up to $500. That covers the stereo system. I don't think it's worth chasing down irritating things like this for my car, it has seen better days. ;) If you do find the cause, though, I know alot of people would be very keen to find out what.

andrewgrazier

Reaction score
Members Ride
i was just driving home. and i smelt somthing really funny like burning rubber, anyways my my new air conditioning has blown up cause the car windows didnt unfog

this POS is goin to the dump. its a pitty cause it looks new on the outside.
id honestly not bother with another commodore after this one.

especially when you take it to a holden dealer and they r like UHH I duno. cant fix it.