Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Centre and Rear mufflers for 304 supercharged systems

1moretime

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L Ute
Hi guys

As the title says im after some ideas as to what Mufflers people are using on their systems.
I will be running a standard 304 with raptor supercharger intercooled.
I have Pacemakers, twin Magnaflow hi flow cats and would like to piece everything together over the next few months. I will be running a twin 2.5" flowing into single 3" at the rear. I have alraedy gotten some great advice from Not_An_Abba_Fan in regards to what setup suits my needs, now i just need some feedback from people out there as to what is working for them and what is sounding nice and deep.

Cheers

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Hi guys

As the title says im after some ideas as to what Mufflers people are using on their systems.
I will be running a standard 304 with raptor supercharger intercooled.
I have Pacemakers, twin Magnaflow hi flow cats and would like to piece everything together over the next few months. I will be running a twin 2.5" flowing into single 3" at the rear. I have alraedy gotten some great advice from Not_An_Abba_Fan in regards to what setup suits my needs, now i just need some feedback from people out there as to what is working for them and what is sounding nice and deep.

Cheers

I am also running twin 2.5 into single 3". As they merge they go straight into a hooker Aero chamber which is rated to about 440hp from memory.
Sounds nice and deep, kinda old skool v8 style.

1moretime

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L Ute
I am also running twin 2.5 into single 3". As they merge they go straight into a hooker Aero chamber which is rated to about 440hp from memory.
Sounds nice and deep, kinda old skool v8 style.

Thanks Deuce, I knew someone out there must have had an exhaust on their car:surprise:

Is your system raspy or splattery, or jus a nice deep note.

Cheers

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I have a single 2.5 from NAAF with front and rear mufflers, sounds great without being obnoxiously loud.

In terms of mufflers, the manta stuff is pretty damn good, as Deuce said the hooker aero chambers are great too, heard a clubby with one the other day sounded great.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Thanks Deuce, I knew someone out there must have had an exhaust on their car:surprise:

Is your system raspy or splattery, or jus a nice deep note.

Cheers

I would say just a nice deep tone. Rear straight through cheap as what-ever it is quietens it down a bit more. I will change it aswell one day.

I might try and take a vid to post up.

355VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR 355 5spd
Got pacemakers on mine aswell. Is twin 2 1/2 into single 3. Was very loud as it had an empty hotdog and then only a resonator on the back. Beautiful at 6000rpm. Changed the hotdog to a cheapie with the resonator still, quietened it a bit but may need look at the resonator as well.

1moretime

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L Ute
Thanks guys, seems like paceys into twin 2.5" then 3" single is winning so far.

Biglachs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx executive and vs s3 ute
Thanks guys, seems like paceys into twin 2.5" then 3" single is winning so far.

I've got tri y's into 2 stainless magnaflow cats. Into twin 2 1/2" system that has 2 shite pex straight through mufflers(have 2 aero chambers sitting there just need to find the time to install them ) and 2 stainless manta rear mufflers.

Tone wise - it is seriously quite at idle and 2000 rpm. I would say it's quieter then a diesel idling. But wot it sounds good. You can hear my 2.4 whipple more then anything though.

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
If it's blowen I would go twin 2 1/2 all the way