Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Change colour to black or leave original burgundy over silver? Nux don't hurt me lol

Hussy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman 5.0
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG
hi all not much on forums but have a quick question. I finally brought that stato I wanted but needs few things to get upto scratch. So I was thinking I like black colours and all my cars have been black so paint this vs black but then I'm getting told don't do it, don't screw with the original condition. One wrecking yard told me am I rebuilding that engine in it? I said yes and he replied good all original numbers but don't paint it to another colour.
Keep it all original trust me and being a v8 itll increase in value over years.
So now I don't know what to do. I love black and looks good but also if my car gets damaged and some dick ward don't own up then I can touch it up with just one colour black.
Metallics are bit harder to match as I've worked in panel shops before and some poor merc came in with a key from the front to th back. Being metallic and dark colours, we has to do the whole side to match it right.
Anyway enough yap yap from me I'll try send in some pics of mine.

H

harrop.senator

I wouldnt. If you want it black get it wrapped and it'll look nice n black for a good five years done properly. To do it properly you'll need to do all the bay boot and jams for a colour that looks much cheaper then the burgundy over. Which isnt always true as your car needs to be pretty perfectly flat to pull a good black off but its a luxury car with a lixury colour scheme I'd keep it as is personally and keep the class to it.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I wouldn't paint it black....but it's not my car.

If you want it black, paint it black. Your money, your car.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
No way. Waste of money......Maybe 10 to 20 done properly.......But it's your money.

Hussy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman 5.0
Well yeah true about have to get the body perfect for it to become black.
Hmmmm I do like the colour though and the mention of keeping the class to it.
I've still got the engine to fit up first and then colour after wards.
Thanks guys.

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
If you want it black then paint it black! its your car! Im guessing you bought it to enjoy it so what does future value mean? My bet is if you don't change the colour you will regret it since you don't like the red as much. Wraps are expensive but they can do an amazing job these days, plus it will last! A metallic black like Phantom from the VE/VFs would look epic