Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Change in the Power when restarting the car..

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Station Wagon
Hi Akarsh

Try disconnecting your battery for half an hour - this should reset the ECU. Reconnect the battery and allow a few days for the ECU to become accustomed to your driving pattern. Can't do any harm (unless you have lost your radio PIN code so you better check first).

Hoffy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL Commodore Executive, 2005 Holden VZ S ute
Spark Plugs in alloytecs are platinum tipped, they don't require replacement until 120 000 KM according to service manual, I think from memory. They are a long life spark plug as they are in a difficult area to access,

vr355stroker

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 clubby w/Ls3, 05 VZ Lumina
I have similar problem, I start it and it runs like on 5 cylinders then turn it off and it comes good,could this be a coil pack,plugs were changed at 200,000 which was about 2000k ago now...

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
I have similar problem, I start it and it runs like on 5 cylinders then turn it off and it comes good,could this be a coil pack,plugs were changed at 200,000 which was about 2000k ago now...

If it feels like a cylinder is missing that bad, just go around the car and unplug each coil pack connector and see if one doesn't make a difference when disconnected or not.

If disconnecting one of them makes no further drop in RPM this could indicate an issue with that cylinder, whether it be injector, coils or spark issue.

vr355stroker

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 clubby w/Ls3, 05 VZ Lumina
If it feels like a cylinder is missing that bad, just go around the car and unplug each coil pack connector and see if one doesn't make a difference when disconnected or not.

If disconnecting one of them makes no further drop in RPM this could indicate an issue with that cylinder, whether it be injector, coils or spark issue.

Thankx,....I'll try that :beer chug:

petern64

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6lt , 2017 Mustang GT , 2021 BT50 SP
call ghost busters ! you may have some gremlins/ghosts in your engine bay