Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing 09 VE headlight globes

RochyBoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE (Factory) LPG Berlina
Had cause to change the passenger side low beam headlight on the 2010 VE today, forgot what a pain it was.
Tip #1: DON'T be like me and drop the dust cover after screwing it off - did my head in trying to find where it had dropped down to - somehow managed to retrieve it by getting my arm way down under pipes and hoses and feeling where it was hiding - caused much swearing/sweating. :mad:
Tip #2: Insert the H7 globe with the tab facing UP, not down as I tried to do for 15 mins and wondering why the wire clip wouldn't go back on - more swearing/sweating. :mad::mad:
Correct way up is: https://imgur.com/a/G1X1EJe (used numeric's photo from 2014 as a base) - Also well explained here in another thread which I wish I'd read;

:.......... As i learnt last week when i did this for the first time on a VE, MAKE EXTRA SURE that you put the globe in with the tab pointing UPWARDS !! This confused the fudge out of me because when you look inside the housing there's something that looks like a nicely made metal track for the tab on the globe, but NO, its just there to confuse you and it is actually the support bracket for the reflector cap inside the headlight .....If you put the globe in the correct way it's easy as.

Tip #3: If all else fails, read the manual: https://drive.google.com/open?id=19oVmdP7jp4A63MFzmSl5Q_kx2HU_fTRJ

Last edited:

Zehq

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF2 SV6 Black
Insert the H7 globe with the tab facing UP, not down as I tried to do for 15 mins and wondering why the wire clip wouldn't go back on - more swearing/sweating.

I forgot about the up/down part when getting HIDs for the SS. **** me I felt like an idiot when saw that rectangle shaped metal goes into the rectangle shaped hole.

Was debating if I should get one of these after...
HTB1TU2mmyOYBuNjSsD4q6zSkFXaY.jpg_.webp