Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing Cluster light colour?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
7 year thread dig with a comment that has little context?

Since you have posted a new thread on this topic please don't cross-post and thread dig as per the forum rules.

VE SS S2 Dave

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS S2
7 year thread dig with a comment that has little context?

Since you have posted a new thread on this topic please don't cross-post and thread dig as per the forum rules.

My apologies as I am a new member and not sure on all the rules. However it was not a dig but a question that was posted before I knew how to create a thread. Thanks for your understanding and thanks for letting me know we have a touchy staff on here with no understanding on new members.
How about commenting something that helps with questions also?

VE SS S2 Dave

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS S2
If you let your fingers do the talking on Google you will find your Answer.

Thanks for the advice mate, but I did search google but didn’t find anything on VE cluster. A member did give some advice which was helpful advice and got the cluster out. But does seem too much effort for what I want to do.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Thanks for the advice mate, but I did search google but didn’t find anything on VE cluster. A member did give some advice which was helpful advice and got the cluster out. But does seem too much effort for what I want to do.
I think you can send it off to have what you want done, well there use to be one on ebay who did it.

VE SS S2 Dave

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS S2
I think you can send it off to have what you want done, well there use to be one on ebay who did it.

Correct there is someone on Ebay who can do it for $180 but I live in Adelaide and they do it in Melbourne and I need my car every day, I will look further in who can do it in Adelaide. Thanks again for your helpful advice on a 7yr old post. Cheers

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore

Min

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Series 1 Dual Fuel
If you are handy with a soldering iron, you can change the LEDs used to light up the cluster.

You can also change the LCD illumination colour using the same technique (I.E. change the LEDs on the board behind the LCD panels to the colour that you want)....
The only thing on the SV6 cluster that is difficult to change the colour of are the needles. (They have the red backing on them, so really you can only use RED illumination on them)....

The LEDs can be bought from eBay pretty cheap (around $10 for enough to do a couple of clusters)
The best colour I have found is white, as it makes the LCD and cluster very easy to read at night.

The following page show what is involved (including cluster removal and disassembly).
It also shows an Omega cluster with a white LCD panel, and blue cluster illumination, as well as a HSV cluster that was in the process of a conversion, from red to white illumination..

Hope this helps
www.carmodder.com • Changing the Cluster Illumination for the Holden VE Commodore
Hi there Zerone_V, what size were the leds on the VE Commodore cluster? Also can you please post a new working link to the link you posted.
I want to change my leds to white but no idea as to what size/ part number they are.
Is their anyone else able to shed my info in these leds.

Cheers.