Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ChAnGiNg GeArS In AuTo

vy_pete05

Please rate my feedback
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY Exec SII
you try finding a manual VT Exec mate, even the cost to convert is huge, unles su know something i dont :D

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
vt_pete05 said:
you try finding a manual VT Exec mate, even the cost to convert is huge, unles su know something i dont :D
Yeah mate.. If you do know something then please tell me..

I wanna convert my VX to manual..

Z

ZER0

i live on the power button, it gives you that little extra punch every time. i do notice it chews through fuel a bit more but i think i tend to drive it harder when its in power mode.

Reaction score
Website
members.dodo.net.au
Members Ride
VT 'S' Supercharged V6
cliffo78 said:
The PWR button changes shift points at partial throttle openings, but it doesn't change the shift point at full throttle, it will rev out to the redline with PWR on or off (sorry Misaprop). Hence when you are driving conservatively, the car will "feel" more responsive because it wont change up as early, but in the bigger picture the increase in fuel consumption is only marginal.
Agree completely 100%.

The power/economy button only alters the shift points of the box relative to road speed and partial throttle settings. When you are WOT it makes absolutely no difference if you are in power or economy....it will change at 5500 rpm (just before revlimit) no matter what.

The main benefit of the power/economy switch is when towing trailers etc or driving through hilly terrain.

I have a S2 shift kit in mine and ALWAYS leave mine in POWER purely for the shift pattern of the auto. I have tried it in economy and it's AWFUL now that its shift kitted driving slowly around town as it tends to up shift too late and then drop straight back down again. Driving style will influence which setting feels best and ultimately your fuel usage.

There is no point manually driving the ELECTRONIC CONTROLLED 4L60E auto. Just put it in 3 or D and hold your foot flat until it changes ;)

Last edited: