Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing Stereo help

G-Unit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive Wagon
Hey Guys,

I've looked on here for a 'how to' on changing a standard VY stereo with a new single din one but haven't found one. Can anyone tell me how to do this? and what do I do with the loose wires that'll be from the steering wheel controls?

Cheers!

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
there are several write ups linked in the VY FAQ sticky.

aerpro sell everything you need, including adapters for steering wheel controls if you want them.

G-Unit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive Wagon
Thanks Hakhawk, i'll check out the FAQ.

As for the steering controls I don't really need them, just wondering what the options were :)

Cheers mate.

chrisj26

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Thanks Hakhawk, i'll check out the FAQ.

As for the steering controls I don't really need them, just wondering what the options were :)

Cheers mate.

G-Unit, hope the install/changeover has gone well. I recently changed mine and found several threads here extremely useful.
I've not yet changed my steering wheel controls but these are the options I'm aware of:
Easiest: Aerpro CHVYVZA
SWI - PS appears to be simple enough, although I'm afraid to bite the bullet just yet.
AXXESS ASWC appears to be better- same instructions it appears but not many people seem to have used them on commodores
CAT-08/09 no idea of these but they are apparently the popular choice of JB/Autobarn etc.