Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing the Central Display

paynie

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss ute
If you enable the oil and battery atari style gauges on ss you will not be able to enter the options screen or audio setup etc which needs this screen. Tech 2 at holden can change it but I have already done it and would not reccommend it. For the record the screen above steering wheel still shows radio sattion track number and auxfront aand rear.

zmr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS-V
Paynie, why wouldn't you recommend it and what can you change the display to show?

The SSV shows its audio options/setup on the main LCD display in the center console so Im guessing thats not an issue with the SSV?

US_VE_FAN, yes please post some links.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
There are some over here that have changed out the displays with more useful ones. I will try to find a link for you, if you are interested?

Ooh, yes please! :thumbsup:

zmr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS-V
Hats off to the Yanks.....thats what I'm looking for.....but reluctant to pull apart my dash and send my 'Atari Gauges' to someplace in MI (Michigan???) I've never heard of....but thanks still!! Shows its possible.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride

diverdave

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 ve ss ute
changing cd head unit

is it possible to change the cd head unit in a ve ss to the one that is in the ssv

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
is it possible to change the cd head unit in a ve ss to the one that is in the ssv

Anything is possible mate. It just would involve some reprogramming with a Tech2.