Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

changing VE commodore spark plugs?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
the gasket wont tear the ve's have metal oring gaskets ony the vz's had paper gaskets.
I've seen the VE ones tear before. Not sure of the year model, as they may have revised to a metal based gasket later on, but there are definately VE's around with the VZ style.

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
to save it from tearing leave the rear left and front right(as u stand infront of the car) done up and undo the rest of the bolts on the manifold and life it as once pirce, saves splitting the manifold and ripping the gasket

Nick

CBDINDUSTRIES81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 Ute
You will need to remove the inlet manifold in order to get to the coilpacks.

There are from memory 7 13mm bolts on the inlet manifold, including one right down the back on the drivers side. Then once you have this off (you can just tilt it upwards and use a hammer or piece of wood to hold it far enough up) you can undo the 10mm bolts that hold the coilpacks in place, which will then facilitate the removal of the plugs.

Just take care when removing the inlet manifold as the gasket may tear. If it doesnt, you should be fine to re-use it.
The manifold had to be that little too big so you cannt get to coil packs 1 2 and 5 and 6 . What an effort to get to the plugs . The LLT engine didn’t have to mess with manifold on top to get to coil packs and plugs thank god .

We have 2 VEs

2006 Omega V - staff car they drive
2010 series 2 SV6 Ute - owners only drive this

CBDINDUSTRIES81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 Ute
hi i got a question i want to change me spark plugs on my 06 VE omega commodore but cant seem to even locate them could someone show me with diagrams where and how to replace the spark plug thanks
Just did the plugs in both vehicles oh what fun Not

Series 1 Omega -
  • dont forget to remove the three hoses on manifold and air in let too - 8mm clamp bolt or screwdriver .
  • 14mm bolts to take inlet manifod off , 1 x12mm bolt at the very back drivers side .
  • 10mm bolts on coil packs
  • 16mm spark plug socket for spark plugs.

Series 2 SV6 -LLT Engine .
  1. just remove the extra hoses in the way of the coil packs
  2. repeat as above other than not needing to remove inlet manifold .

straight forward . did both vehicles before lunch time , staff car off road for 2 hours max with smoko break !