Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Charcoal canister

Anthony S

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VR ute auto
Thanks boys I’ll check it out
Greatly appreciate the quick replies!

waynethomson

Reaction score
Members Ride
series 3 ute
i drive 2000 build vs v8 ute. sensors galore. what a drag, like oldmate was saying..." nostalgia " but they can be tempermental at times. i dont know what to think of mechanics! i asked what could be the problem if pumping the accelorator a couple times on cold start lessons the symptoms of general sickness and he couldnt give me a definative answer. ive never heard that the car starts better with a couple pumps. efi doesnt work that way. my old hj did. so there is obviously a problem somewhere. im getting to know the veehikle pretty well and there is a sensor or something down. ill talk about the symptoms later. but for now itll be interesting hearing reasons why.

Carty8189

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 Vs s pac
If it happens 5 minutes after starting engine (when purge valve opens), perhaps there is a vacuum leak - hose off?
Hey mate I have been having a similar problem. Just picked car up and noticed when I got home there was a line off and it drove fine 3.5hrs home now that I had connected it it stalls after a short period of time. Disconnected it again and no dramas?