Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheapest Fuel seen

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I wonder if the youth of today will look back with such fondness in 50 years time ?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
They probably will. LIfe only gets faster and more complex and in 50 years time, today will seem very easy and slow. It's just part of the normal development of society. I'm sure my parents thought they grew up in simpler times, but not as good as my generation because they did have to endure a World War and the Depression. The Baby Boomers have, for the most part, enjoyed the most prolonged prosperous period in which to grow up.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I wonder if the youth of today will look back with such fondness in 50 years time ?

Absolutely they will, nostalgia is all relative.

Also good god how old are all you coots?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Absolutely they will, nostalgia is all relative.

Also good god how old are all you coots?

Well, do the maths.

Three of us at least have admitted to starting to drive from between 1967 and 1970. I've admitted to being just short of 14 when decimal currency was introduced.

Not that hard, really.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais V8 International
Unfortunately It only lasted a couple of hours until some do-gooder alerted the authorities and ruined it for everyone haha

Hertz Donut

Reaction score
Members Ride
Beastmode VS Equipe
Somewhat off topic but I just wanted to thank you older guys, you've given me pause for thought.

Seeing you reminisce about the "good old days" has got me thinking about life in general. Young guys tend to think they've got it made over the older generation purely because they will (mostly) outlive them. As I've got older (I'm 42 now) I've felt a bit cheated seeing some of the things kids have at their disposal these days and will have to play with in future. But you've got me thinking - over the course of a lifetime we all have roughly the same amount of time to make of ourselves what we can. Being born later (and consequently dying later) really doesn't make much difference in the grand scheme of things, because it's not as if we're all trying to make it to the end of a (Human?) race - no one's coming out of this alive. We're born, we have as much fun as we can, and we die, and exactly where we slot into Time is irrelevant when all's said and done.

Not enough alcomahol for me tonight? You decide! Either way, life just got a little more perspective.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Early 70s fuel was free sometimes no locking caps.

So I`ve been told ;)

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Raj. As i said earlier some things really were better back then.

I don't doubt it, or disagree. I'm a child of the 80s but I'd happily have been a child of the 60s or 70s!