Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Check oil displays when driving

mick8308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S S2
Hi all, hoping someone can help, i've just bought a vz, and since i bought it, the check oil light displays whilst driving dowm the road.

It was serviced before i got it, the oil looks clean and is full, so i replaced the oil pressure sender unit knowing that vz's have a common problem with them.

But after replacing the sender unit, check oil light still displays on dash.

Any advice would be greatful...

leethal1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6, HG monaro
there is an oil level sensor on the front of the sump you can check, maybe try bridging it out and see if it stays off

mick8308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S S2
Well, I've tried disconneting level sensor, bridging it out, but it still intermitidley flashes low oil...

Just in the last couple days, had to replace temp sender due to fans not kicking in and causing the engine to overheat...

And now, The low fuel light flashes intermitidley, and the fuel gauge is going up and down all over the place..

Just wondering if i might have a ecu problem or just a bad earth???
And if a bad earth, which earth am i best off looking at???

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
Check the earths onto the motor and to the left of the battery also check the battery terminal it's self

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
Try replacing your Alternator Voltage Regulator, sounds like your regulator/brushes are worn , New regulator about $45 from repco. Remove your old one from rear of alternator & take to Repco to match it up , as they sometimes differ on different models of alternators.