Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wk ls1 check oil light on/off

Liamizm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wk caprice 5.7
I just bought a wk with 230 on the clock, did a full oil and trans service as soon as I got it and also replaced the oil pressure switch as it was causing the check engine light to stay on, reset the error codes and took it for a drive everything was sweet until I took it to work the next day and my check oil light started coming on and off especially under acceleration, checked the oil and it was spot on I had a mate tell me it could be the cam bearing but I just thought I’d see if anyone had the same problem or any ideas

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It’s most likely a faulty switch. Thats the first thing to check. Faulty new parts are rife.

Next most likely will be pressure loss from internal sources like the retainer plate on the front, a broken plastic bypass valve or a bad seal on the rear mains plate.

Liamizm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wk caprice 5.7
It’s most likely a faulty switch. Thats the first thing to check. Faulty new parts are rife.

Next most likely will be pressure loss from internal sources like the retainer plate on the front, a broken plastic bypass valve or a bad seal on the rear mains plate.
I guess except for replacing the switch I’m taking to a mechanic either way haha, thanks mate