Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chev badges on Holdens

What do you think about Chev badges on a Holden?

• Silly

Votes: 316 84.5%
  • Cool

Votes: 34 9.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 24 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
Chev badges are pimp, they make your schlong grow at least 3inches just for having them!

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
If your going to do it, atleast get a silver badge. The gold ones are horrible on every colour.

Agreed hence mine being the same colour as the car, the back ones barely visible it blends in nicely.

Chev badges are pimp, they make your schlong grow at least 3inches just for having them!

That explains why i have 4 inches total now.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
No need to get upset because I pointed out you were mistaken, and there's no dash in disservice just quietly. I made no foolish assumptions I stated facts, you're just annoyed that you were the one made to look foolish.

If you still can't comprehend the point I'm making regarding the origin of certain LS engines then move on. It was in response to someone else's statement and completely relevant to the topic at hand.

I didn't start the thread, I simply addressed the uneducated assumptions contained within it. As for caring what others think about me having Chev badges, I don't. I do what I like, not what others like.
You have a strange interpretation of a person being upset, but you can have a point for the grammar lesson.

Oh, well...let's move on.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
the motors are made by GM. whats the big deal if its made by Chev, Holden, Opel, Vauxhall, Pontiac etc.
they are all basically owned by the 1 big company up top. with their own variants.
however the body of the car is what makes it the holden or chev not the Badge.

however its more a case of it just doesnt look like it belongs so much.
its like putting toyota badges on your VR because it could also be a Lexcen.
and so forth.

i still dont like the idea of chev badges on a holden.
especially when it wasnt made by Chevrolet in the Model Variant. (ie VZ utes...)

smidey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS WM 6L
here's a good debate, not unlike this one. There is a new racing series here called V8 Super tourers. They are a tube frame body with a LS7 engine and the body can be a holden or ford or probably any other full sized sedan out for that matter. There is plenty of talk about holden vs ford etc, yes they look like holdens and ford but they are neither beneath the panels and if anything they must be closer to chevs as they have a chev power plant. Does that mean the fords are in drag?
V8SuperTourers - New Zealands newest and fastest touring car championship series.!

capitalgainz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 berlina gen3
eh, i dont mind it, the chev guys put holden badges on them so why not, i wouldnt mind having chev badges, chevrolet vt boot garnish and steering wheel but eh, i,m happy just to keeping it look like a sleeper

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
eh, i dont mind it, the chev guys put holden badges on them so why not, i wouldnt mind having chev badges, chevrolet vt boot garnish and steering wheel but eh, i,m happy just to keeping it look like a sleeper

Please elaborate? I've never actually seen a chev with a holden badge?

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Please elaborate? I've never actually seen a chev with a holden badge?

1999_Holden_Suburban_K8_1500_LS_(Front_view).jpg

and just wait until the Chev is sitting at home.
pics will defo be going up with Holden Badges

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
here's a good debate, not unlike this one. There is a new racing series here called V8 Super tourers. They are a tube frame body with a LS7 engine and the body can be a holden or ford or probably any other full sized sedan out for that matter. There is plenty of talk about holden vs ford etc, yes they look like holdens and ford but they are neither beneath the panels and if anything they must be closer to chevs as they have a chev power plant. Does that mean the fords are in drag?
V8SuperTourers - New Zealands newest and fastest touring car championship series.!

Once again, it's a GM engine. The LS7 is also used in the W427.