Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

chev grill

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
HAHAHA! I saw this thread and knew i'd get a good laugh reading it :rofl2:

I've got a chev badge on my ute! Only one on the front, i think looks good with the colour of my ute.
Check it out with my link in my signiture.

I don't think my ute is a chev, i just hate the look of the holden badge! don't really care what other people think as it's my car ;)

I got mine from the holden dealer.

The_Senator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSv M6 QuickSilver
People need to understand that not everyone has Chev badges on their car to say their car is a Chev. Yes, I believe majority of people have them to look cool and for the cool factor though. I have them on my car but I know my car's a Holden and I have them instead of the Holden badges as they suit the look of the car better. I've got them colour coded to the car so they match in with the black on black theme I'm going with.

Many people tell me they look gay and I'm a traitor and not being 'loyal' etc etc, but in all honesty I couldn't give a toss. I like how they look and that's all that matters to me. I'm not one to lose sleep over people having a different opinion to me.

I completely agree.. The Holden badges on the front and rear at THAT BIG NOW I could use them for dinner plates.. I mean, c'mon Mr Holden.. Put something like they did on the Adventra's.. Small lion front and rear and the front had sweeping black lines (similar to the chev design, just not silver).. I LOATHE the massive grill one on the New Holdens.. It's just too big and ostentatious.. The Chev Front Grill gives it a mean stance, by far.. I too coloured both the Chrome and the Gold to be less noticable, but give it a little more sport look.. Black lines and Gun Metal Grey logo.. The gold logo is just TOO out there..

If someone could make something smaller in the logo AND LOOK THE PART i would gladly swap it.. But for now, the dinner plates just gathering dust in the study...

Everyone has an opinion. I know not 1 part (well maybe 1) is from the Chevrolet factory (especially not the engine, that's from GM-Powertain), so i make no qualms about that.. It's merely a better looking grill.. Simple..

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
I completely agree.. The Holden badges on the front and rear at THAT BIG NOW I could use them for dinner plates.. I mean, c'mon Mr Holden.. Put something like they did on the Adventra's.. Small lion front and rear and the front had sweeping black lines (similar to the chev design, just not silver).. I LOATHE the massive grill one on the New Holdens.. It's just too big and ostentatious..

and

If someone could make something smaller in the logo AND LOOK THE PART i would gladly swap it..

well said! i completely agree!

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
i actualy like the holden grill on the silver car the big silver badge dosent stick out like a dogs proverbials.

im not personaly a fan of the chev badge but each to their own

jaysiin

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GTR v-spec II, VR Calais, Getz and a VLT
i disagree with the badges. but then people carry on with the orgins etc and how they look good on the car etc.

well, after all the convicing, i have put "Nissan" badges on my VL rb26/30det commodore. Ive also put a "chev" bowtie on the front of my vr calais "buick" badge on rear and . Why? Well, to fit in with all the chevy badged owners that badges suit the car. To top it off, i fitted a aussie car flag to the calais thats made in china and put some supercheap auto southern cross stickers.

The Nissan badge is from the Nissan xtrail and i scored the Buick and chev badges from ebay. If ya see me driving around in brissy, give us a beep!

Will post photos soon.

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Do people with Transformer badges on their cars think their car is a Transformer?

Gambel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV Wagon
Oh c'mon you can't start dissing transformers badges now, and i'm not being sarcastic as I have just put one on my front grill instead of the chevy badge.
And no I don't think it's a transformer.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Oh c'mon you can't start dissing transformers badges now, and i'm not being sarcastic as I have just put one on my front grill instead of the chevy badge.
And no I don't think it's a transformer.

Kids love seeing them on cars! I think they're a bit more individual than a chev badge.

i disagree with the badges. but then people carry on with the orgins etc and how they look good on the car etc.

well, after all the convicing, i have put "Nissan" badges on my VL rb26/30det commodore. Ive also put a "chev" bowtie on the front of my vr calais "buick" badge on rear and . Why? Well, to fit in with all the chevy badged owners that badges suit the car. To top it off, i fitted a aussie car flag to the calais thats made in china and put some supercheap auto southern cross stickers.

The Nissan badge is from the Nissan xtrail and i scored the Buick and chev badges from ebay. If ya see me driving around in brissy, give us a beep!

Will post photos soon.

And as for individual... That is genius!