Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chrysler's yank tank - what do people think of it?

G

GoBaggers

I'm talking about the 300c.

Any opinions?

I don't know if i should be posting this in this forum, but i think it's bloody awesome.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
was that the one with the hemi in it with a square type nose? i like that one

G

GoBaggers

87rb30devil said:
was that the one with the hemi in it with a square type nose? i like that one
Yes hemi V8, big grill, 18in wheels standard, with the srt8 due next june that gets 20in standard and a big 6.1 V8 ungoverned. I think this car is going to become cult. Apparently snoop dog drives one.

And the best thing is it's only around the 60k mark.

I haven't heard a hoon knock it yet.

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
It's still too expensive in my books.....

T

throttlehappy

it looks great!
check out the new dodge charger srt!!!!! :thumbsup:

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
Unfortunately the Charger isn't coming here...

malscar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZSv6
If you haven't seen it, it runs as the safety car at the V8s.

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
60 grand is exactly right. That put's it in the HSV and FPV territory. That said, 250kw V8 isn't very exciting, especially when it's a "Hemi". Plus, 18" wheels is the go for cars that price, so that's not that great either. There is only gonna be one main reason people buy it - exclusivity. I don't like it at all, manily becuase it's American. Yeah it looks phat, but give me Australian engineering any day, for better or worse. America doesn't need any encouragement.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I've got the Top Gear episode where it goes up against the Monaro and the Monaro destroys it.. they reckon it's got poor handling etc.

It's based on an old Mercedes chassis I believe

G

GoBaggers

It borrows the independent rear suspension setup from the old E class mercs (i believe last model, i think 2000 or somewhere), and also has the 2004 S class benz 5 speed auto with autostick (manual shifting). I agree the listed 250kw sounds light for a hemi, it is governed though, and not sure where they've taken that reading anyway. Regardless you'd be pretty happy with the benz auto and diff setup putting that power to the ground, solid as there is in a car that size.

I agree exclusivity is what has attracted me to it initially. If i was going to buy one i would change the grill and put some nice chrome aluminium 20in wheels on it, dark tint, silver duco, sunroof, upgrade the sound system with twin 8in subbies in boot (boot is HUGE so can still fit golf clubs), also the whole dvd front/rear thing. I feel nervous posting this in here but i own a commie and was going to upgrade to the VE, but not so sure now this thing has come out.