Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cleaning the kettle

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Ok don't no if I'm in the right place but I thought to add this, is your kettle got water stains inside and you want it cleaned well this works for me!! It removes that built up scale on the bottom steel plate where the element heats and helps it boil better.
1/2 cup white Vinegar and 2 whole lemons squeezed.
Let it sit for 5min then boil but not all the way as it will flow out, once you see it start to rise stop it, then just use a bottle brush and scrub till shinny.
Rinse it out a few time then add half water boil it then drain. Now your Kettle will operate as new.

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I like my lemons squeezed...

Fit a water filter on your drinking water source and you won't get any contamination to begin with and as a bonus the water doesn't taste foul when drinking it.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
We used to have a filter on our drinking water container and found that it wasn't needed. Our water
is clean and tastes pretty good.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
We used to have a filter on our drinking water container and found that it wasn't needed. Our water
is clean and tastes pretty good.

And yet the kettle is full of crap. Those are minerals and hard metals etc that are in the water that you won't taste. We use a carbon filter in the kitchen and the kettle stays nice and clean.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
And yet the kettle is full of crap. Those are minerals and hard metals etc that are in the water that you won't taste. We use a carbon filter in the kitchen and the kettle stays nice and clean.
So what is it caused from? I know they put chloride in the water is it that or something different? I have to clean it once a month. So the Carbon filter you speak of on your tap?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
You don't need a bottle brush, just half boil it a couple of times and all the blackness will disappear.
Interesting point about the filter, but the body actually needs trace quantities of metals and stuff to function properly so who knows if it's doing you good or slowly killing you...

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You don't need a bottle brush, just half boil it a couple of times and all the blackness will disappear.
Interesting point about the filter, but the body actually needs trace quantities of metals and stuff to function properly so who knows if it's doing you good or slowly killing you...
True, I herd that the chloride they add causes dementia like mouth wash but who knows if we believe everything we be just eating grass and drink water, they say that's why a lot of people teeth are now looking like they did before they put chloride in as to many people drink bottled water.

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 383 Harrop enhanced
I use citric acid from the supermarket to clean my still. Works a treat. Cant see why it wouldn't work on a kettle.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I use citric acid from the supermarket to clean my still. Works a treat. Cant see why it wouldn't work on a kettle.
I tried that descale stuff but it was useless and smelt yuk, I have a lemon tree so I use the acid from them.

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 383 Harrop enhanced
citric acid is used in cooking...not sure what exactly but its found in the supermarket area where they have flour and cake mixes etc. I don't recall it having any smell.