Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Cleaning your engine with diesel

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Every now and then I drain mine leave oil filter on fill up with cheap oil go for drive drop oil replace filter put good oil in clean as.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Somebody told me that you can clean the inside of your motor by replacing your oil with some diesel and running it through for a bit before replacing the oil, is this true and is it a good or bad idea?

92902477_9eec03aa09_z.jpg

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
I would be more concerned that you think you need to do something like this, what sort of condition is your engine in?

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
It's an old school trick that is best left in the past. There are products specifically for this these days and they aren't expensive. Don't risk it.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
meh, its ok to wash engine parts in. dunno what sort of affect it'd have on the bearing shells though. kero works much better.

pls note i am talking about an engine that has been completely stripped. running it as a lube will result in much lol's for us, so i say: do it and post pics

Manual Calais

Manual VN Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
T5 VN Calais 3.8
Um I never said I was going to do it to my engine, I just heard it from someone and wanted to know if it was true, He said he had done it too his and it worked great and i kind of didnt believe him, and when i said run through it i meant idle for a bit, not drive it for weeks, so i guess the answer is no use propper products?..

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Bingo is his namo.