Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clipsal 500

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
i got a pit pass and a HDT corporate box pass....which means i get to go into the HRT pits like i did 2 years ago:)

VZTHUNDER

Enhanced Custom Tuned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder MY06
whoa.... thats sweet
be sure to post up those pics of inside the HRT pit

NOGEN 3

Reaction score
Members Ride
So stoked, some random came up to me and gave me a general entry at the entrance of the track at turn 3(1 after Senna chicane?). I musta looked like a sad puppy wining at the back door wanting to come in, so he felt sorry for me.
Dewd, whoever you are- THANK YOU- YOU ARE A LEGEND! :)

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
god I hate the V8's on channel 7 now. All these "pretty boy" gay commentators are already pissing me off

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Mate i wasn't any better at the track.

They took over half an hour just to show the leader board, and even then, they only show 4 at a time.

Worst thing to happen to the sport was gouing to channel 7, as if theres a footy game on, V8s will lose out.

And congrats to HRT, out of every team there i didn't think HRT would be on the top step.

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
The on track commentary included Murray Walker and was alot more tolerable, downside was they had no idea what the cameras were doing.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
how long do ch.7 have the v8 rights for?

ch.10 needs to get it back.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
who cares about who is broadcasting the V8 supercars. Aslong as it is free to air if chanel 7 didn't take it, i wouldn't be surprise if we would need pay TV eg foxtel to watch our beloved sport. So I think complaining about commentators is getting old now, I know there is room for improvment with some old v8 drivers to help out with the commentry will soon come about, and such to comment on the race and history but look on the bright side. Without sponsors, marshalls,catering + bar staff, pit crews,mechanics, and us the supporters there would be no V8's so lets get on with the RACING!

GO HOLDEN INTO 2007!

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Well I am disappointed at CH7 to say the least, ad breaks are no different to CH10, I am sick to death of seeing the KFC ad's although I must admit the raa and super cheap do get a good chunkle though.

What really annoyed me was the fact they only cared about the top 5, beyond the top 10 you had no idea where anyone was, some of us do follow drivers which are outside the top 10 from time to time.

I know we found out after the race why Skaife had suddenly slowed down due to a flat tyre, good to know but after the race?

And lastly the leaderboard was hopeless, leave the 1st position there and scroll through the remainder of the top 10, why not have it rolling across the bottom, it surely can't be that hard.

Commentators didn't particularly bother me, you would only hear them for a few moments and then another ad break would be on.

With the race yesterday though it certainly did surprise me not to see a single safety car.

Cashy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Raven Mica
Hey Darren, long time no see.

I was a little pissed off that they had no info on Skaife. For first half of the race I had no idea if he was still in it or not. At least with ch10, they would keep you up to date with all the high profile guys, no matter where they were.

Last edited: