Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clunk most gear changes and rev problem. 2002 Vu Ute

dutchie09

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L Series 2 Vu Ute
I've just recently had a new diff put in my ute, a standard commodore diff. Because the one I had in before; the gear ratio was too high or low for highway driving (5th Gear) Now 9 times out of 10 when I change gears I hear this clunk after shifting in, what is it? Is it just me?

Also just at the point where I let off the acceleration and push the clutch in, the engine revs? Is this normal?

Thanks In Advance :)

-Dutchie09

Manasvxv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx s pack
If its a v6 mine does the same when i press the clutch, its like that from factory or thats what ive read anyway nothing to worry about

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
it revs higher cause you still have the accelerator pedal in for split second while you apply the clutch.. i do it sometimes :p

and you probably bought a dodgy diff

D-Renzow

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Caprice & VQ Stato
If its a v6 mine does the same when i press the clutch, its like that from factory or thats what ive read anyway nothing to worry about

its only cuz its a v6, get an Eight! :p lol

liama

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina
I have an auto :( but when i deccelarate then accelarate i also hear a clunk, i think it has somthing to do with the tailshaft engaging with the diff...... no idea but i do know its a normal thing to happen :p
how loud is the clunk?

Dee jay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0 Ltr manual & 96 WRX
Ive got at vt ss and most time when i put the clutch in it has that same clunk sound (same as you guys) its kinda worryd me so if any 1 does find the full problem should give us a reply cheers