Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clutch failed

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Dunno, don't have one but my sister has a Golf GTI in manual that has an auto handbrake that applies when the gear is in neutral. Why wouldn't they need it? Would be super helpful in traffic on a hill.

I didn't say it's not helpful, I said that someone with a manual licence shouldn't NEED it. Big difference.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Dunno, don't have one but my sister has a Golf GTI in manual that has an auto handbrake that applies when the gear is in neutral. Why wouldn't they need it? Would be super helpful in traffic on a hill.
yeah the VF have it,it takes a little getting used to it but now its fine don't even think of it after a few weeks

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
New Clutch, New Pressure Plate, and new Flywheel = Eeeeeek $$$

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
It's normal for the clutch pedal to go to the floor as described when it gets hot. Try Reving it higher like 2,000rpm then let it out. More revs = good don't be scared.

Leightonb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV REDLINE WALKINSHAW W547
I had something similar happen to me. Decided to give it a bit in a dead end street. As I hit second and let out the clutch the clutch pedal seemed to get stuck up high. Sort of freaked me out as I was going sideways but couldn't feel the clutch pedal. I rang Holden a few days later and they gave me some crap story about the clutch not being under warranty and I may be charged for it. First time having s bit of fun in a v8 and the clutch doesn't work???
Hasn't happened since

Nfsve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
You need to relearn when driving a VF manual. Handbrake wasnt nice for me.. you need to rev it and drive through the handbrake.. not good. You need to delay between taking your foot off the brake and releasing the clutch... no need to panic like a normal manual. Just take your time as it holds the brakes on for a second at least. If you do it too quick the brakes are still applied and you stall.

waynevy03

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
Car does had hill start assist didnt realise for a while lol clutch in the vf is definetly a whole lot different to other manuals I have driven before. Clutch dont engage till 3 quarters out and when it does it pops out. Took a little getting used to it lol

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Car does had hill start assist didnt realise for a while lol clutch in the vf is definetly a whole lot different to other manuals I have driven before. Clutch dont engage till 3 quarters out and when it does it pops out. Took a little getting used to it lol

I have to agree with you. Im used to driving the manual in the VZ Monaro or HT Monaro but when I took a SSV Redline manual for a test drive all my passengers got whiplash haha it took me for ever to get used to the new clutch in the VF and get it smooth. In the end i ended up going the manual over the auto. I hope I chose right.....

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
It's like that for the first couple drives but after a while it's easy and your leg will be used to it.

However you will notice it the second you drive a car with a light clutch as it will feel like a pillow haha.

I actually think it's the best clutch I've had feel wise.

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
Information:

My SV6 auto when stopping on an uphill incline.

Refer Owner Manual page 9-17. Part No. 92458697 April 2015 (MY15 VF Sedan and Sportwagon, Print 3.)

HSA Hill Start Assist.

It even keeps the rear brake lights lit whist you wait out the 2 seconds, with no foot on the brake pedal. Magic in traffic.
I think mine is slightly in excess of 2 seconds towards 2.5 seconds.
My driveway is about + 6 degrees. So, a nice feature. Just enough time for the panel-door to get to mid lift.

Been caught once on an incline to a local waste management station. Used the HSA (unconsciously did not think about its timing duration).
The waste receptionist wanted to see my driver's license for proof of council area, I fished around for my wallet, the wait was longer than 2 seconds and car started to roll back slightly.
Instant foot brake applied. Whoops.

I think the slope has to be + >5 degrees to activate it. Read it somewhere.