Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clutch pedal stuck to floor while driving today. Please help.

Dale1vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
We baught the car a couple of years ago ( 2011 VE SV6 6 speed manual, over the time owning it there has always been a clunking issue if you change gears too quickly usually 1st,2nd or going into 3rd high'ish rpm. There has also always been a bit of chatter front end when too high in the gears at low rpm. My partner took it to mechanics when she got it and they put all sorts of treatments into the gearbox to fix the issues. Basically didn't fix much at all and only way to drive the car without issues is getting it in the higher rpm and granny shifting slowly allowing it to change gears smoothly. I know reading posts these gearboxes a renound for clunking during gear changes so have not really worried to much and learnt to drive the car so it does not clunk. My partner took our son out driving the other day where he went too high in rpm and depressed the clutch way to fast causing a massive clunk and clunked it a few times after. Today I was pulling into Bunnings car park when I went from 3rd to 2nd normally and it stalled. Apon going to start it back up I noticed the clutch pedal was stuck in so I parked it up and turned it off. I pulled the pedal outwards and it depressed and now is fine. I was worried we would not make it home but drove normally after. Prior to purchase I was told it has had a heavy duty clutch kit put in it. Would anyone know what the possible issue is or if the clutch is about to go and I will need to replace or? First though is do I replace clutch fluid and see if it helps or would the issues be pointing towards something else? Is there any way to pinpoint the issue so I can fix or any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks guys, your help would be much appreciated.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Sounds like clutch has been playing up for quite a while. Correct?

Suggest get it out for a look would be the first thing to do.

After that you will know what needs fixing.

gd81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII Sv6 Manual
Flush your fluid,
This happened to me, Clutch was like a button near the floor, hard to floor released, just of floor fully engaged.
Traffic lights not good as it behaved like you dumped the clutch.
Got my foot under pedal and lifted back up and it behaved properly, flushed fluid never happened again.