Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clutch problem on SSV

ozi_musl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS M6
Im going in 2moro to replace front part of the radio unit (some software F*^$ up) so i will let them know about the clutch. See how we gonna go! :D

HellSoldier

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SV6
Am having the same problem with my clutch on a My10 VE SV6. Worrying as hell when the burning smell enters the cabin when it happens.

And the problem is, it doesn't just happen at low gears :(

ozi_musl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS M6
well radio head unit has been replaced, but my f..... fan isn't working now :(( NOT HAPPY!! At least they said they will replace my clutch (diagnose it first, and than whatever holden decides to do) service dude reckons sometimes they replace clutch pedal only :( but most of the time they put new clutch and new flywheel in :)) So, it looks like as lot of you guys already mentioned it, it's common thing (unfortunately) and they know about it so they are not even trying to argue!

-vkhg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS
ey guys! i have just recently bought an 07 ve ss and am having a similar problem. being the 3rd owner and knowing the 1st owner is in NSW whereas im in VIC i dont think ill be able to take it into a dealer (correct me if im wrong??). clutch seems to stick about half way after a bit of a squirt and gear change at high revs. if i drive it steady its ok but its a 6ltr and ive just upgraded from a vn and need to enjoy the power! ha. any advice on what i should do? heavy duty clutch?

ozi_musl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS M6
ey guys! i have just recently bought an 07 ve ss and am having a similar problem. being the 3rd owner and knowing the 1st owner is in NSW whereas im in VIC i dont think ill be able to take it into a dealer (correct me if im wrong??). clutch seems to stick about half way after a bit of a squirt and gear change at high revs. if i drive it steady its ok but its a 6ltr and ive just upgraded from a vn and need to enjoy the power! ha. any advice on what i should do? heavy duty clutch?

Man, I just had mine done (new clutch assembly, new/revised clutch and new/revised flywheel) she drives like a new one :) I'm lovin it. So, if your car is still under warranty i would take it in, even if its not i would still take it in, there is nothing to lose :)

Mind you, i had same dilemma, but as soon i mentioned it, service dude is like yeah I know............. we already had that b4. No questions asked! GOOD LUCK!