Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coalition unveil their broadband and internet policy

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
The internet is all a hoax :) 100mega bits or what ever they are - packets of info :) will not be fast enough all too soon.

For some of you that are a little older that youngsters - the old BBS was king at a trickle. Then came faster modems - WOW we could hook up evern faster... then this .. then that.

Give it all to us NOW. The me now generation.

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
I'd prefer to download more than download faster. Whats the point of a 100 Mbps connection if a lot of servers and most international servers won't be able to provide us with data at that speed. Whats the point of a 100 Mbps connection if you can only download a smaller amount of data? Why should every taxpayer pay for an internet service that only some people would make full use of?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd prefer to download more than download faster. Whats the point of a 100 Mbps connection if a lot of servers and most international servers won't be able to provide us with data at that speed. Whats the point of a 100 Mbps connection if you can only download a smaller amount of data? Why should every taxpayer pay for an internet service that only some people would make full use of?

Cos the network will form the back bone of the whole system. 5 years down the track it will be ow wish we had......

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
Anyone watch the ICT debate?

The NBN is setting us up for the future. Whats the maximum speed for the Libs plan? even they avoided that question. Fibre optics has the ability of 10 Gbps, imagine what our country could achieve with those type of speeds? Japan has had 100 Mbps for the last 5 years

Some fibre optic networks can operate at incredible speeds but will the government implement the technology? Just because that network can handle 10 Gbps doesn't mean the servers, workstations and infrastructre can.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Anyone watch the ICT debate?

The NBN is setting us up for the future. Whats the maximum speed for the Libs plan? even they avoided that question. Fibre optics has the ability of 10 Gbps, imagine what our country could achieve with those type of speeds? Japan has had 100 Mbps for the last 5 years

Maybe we can scab the old Jap system when they upgrade in the comming years.

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
I'd like to have 100Mbps+ speeds (I'm currently stuck with 1.5Mbps laggy wireless 3G because Telstra has run out of avaliable ports on our exchange) but is now the right time to upgrade the entire back bone?

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
I would also like to know why all australians need super super fast internet speed. I'm on 1500kps which is perfectly fine most of the time, unless both me and my gf decide to watch a streaming video at the same time, then it slows down a bit. I honestly reckon 5mps would be a fast enough minimum. I am perfectly happy to wait a few extra minutes for something to download.

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
meh, i got 94.5mbps at home. rural areas should stay rural as far as im concerned.

What type of connection do you have? Why should rural areas stay rural?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Fibre optics has the ability of 10 Gbps, imagine what our country could achieve with those type of speeds?

I'm actually REALLY interested to know what Australia can achieve better than it can right now if the only thing that were to change was the internet speed. Seriously, please let me know.