Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coalition unveil their broadband and internet policy

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Daily Telegraph Online Poll:

Who will you vote for in the federal election?

Gillard
21.64% (22226 votes)

Abbott
78.36% (80497 votes)

Total votes: 102723

Thats interesting, cause the info I am getting at work says it will be a close call.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
you're in Canberra and most of Canberra are morons who vote Labor.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton

Lol @ that. Yeah, since polls are usually localised to a certain area, they are'nt an accurate representation of the public opinion. Online polls at least are available to everyone instead of just one city etc.

Abbot ftw.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais

CSP, when you get an idea of who I work for, you will quickly realize that the info is from all over AUS.

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
the NBN is the biggest con of all times. Regional areas will not be getting anything flash. Instead of cabling to areas that are not they are going to upgrade the sat feeds. In regional areas they may put fiber from local exchange to the home but due to the distance between towns the exchange will have a sat feed.

i work in this industry and have a fair bit of knowledge on this and there is alot of things that they still have to work out. such as currently when you have no active line at your house youy can still ruing 000 with the new system this is not possible. also currently when you have a power outage you can still use your phone. the new system they are trying to work out how to battery back the node on home so it can still work effectivly. The problem this then raises is who is going to maintain those batterys.

I think the budget the labor goverment has set out will blow out massivly as they try to fix the "didnt think about that" problems. I know there is a massive concern in the secuirty industry as far as emergency call systems and security alarms etc during power fails. currerntly the standards for this industry is battery back up must run for certain amount of time, are they going to meet the requirements also or just cut corners and make new standards to meet there needs.

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
Nanos,

Let's be very clear. I would have expected more of you.

Firstly, no exchanges will be Satellite fed.

Secondly, I am surprised that someone who "has a fair bit of knowledge" are making claims about service performance when you don't have the details.

Thirdly, I can assure you that these things are being thought through, in significant detail. You'd know that if you came along to the industry consultation sessions rather than sit here, as an armchair, expert and claim it's all going to fail.

Come to FG tonight and I'll share with you the real story.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Interesting the pro NBN argument has gone silent since so much information about just how ridiculous it is (and why) has been posted. :)