Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Code 44 & 13

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Can code 44 and or 13 prevent a VR V6 from starting and can it cause it to stall at idle? I've broken down is all and am stuck.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I had the RACT look at it and he thinks maybe pump. But really without a proper diagnosis it could be anything.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have an O2 on order hopefully it arrives this week so I can fit it on the weekend. This wil be the 4th O2 sensor I have fitted in 4 years. Original one played up, new one died within a few weeks. This one has probably been in bit over two years and now it's dead. Not buying Delphi 02 anymore as they fail too quickly. Not that they can be bought anymore anyway. New one is an NTK with my only other one available being a Goss and that doesn't come with the plug, whereas NTK does.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Got the ute running and it got me back to the Town home. Not sure when it will die next? Until it does I will probably struggle to find out what the issue actually is..... Garages I have used before are booked out for over a week. Not sure if its the pump or O2 causing the stalling. Hopefully it's the O2.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Bugger! Time to buy a VY or VE :)
I thought most cars can run all be it slightly rough without a working o2 sensor?
** Do Bosch make oxygen sensors for the VR? They make bloody good ones for later commys.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Got the ute running and it got me back to the Town home. Not sure when it will die next? Until it does I will probably struggle to find out what the issue actually is..... Garages I have used before are booked out for over a week. Not sure if its the pump or O2 causing the stalling. Hopefully it's the O2.
Hook the laptop up & run AED.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Be nice but I need a new key my old lappy died along with the software. Lol

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Car will run no worries without the O2.
But a failing pump can be a bugger to you.
Maybe the pump killed the sensor for you?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
My thoughts are that a faulty O2 shouldn't shut the engine down but I guess you never know? I can replace the pump but I will need to get home where I have enough tools, I don't think I have all the gear I need in Town. Not sure if my parts bloke can get me a pump or if I need to go to REPCO.