Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Code 44 & 13

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Been ringing around pricing up a DFI dearest aftermarket so far is Burson at just under $300 and $220 at Repco for a Bosch. Holden want $415 for a gen one. A gen one would the go but at $415 that's just too much. I checked my spare and it's damaged.... Bummer as I might have been able to shoot to the garage myself and fit the DFI off the wreck I had but nup. Looking like I have to go SH, aftermarket are junk.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
What's broken on the spare?

If it fits up see if it works....if it don't over the shoulder it goes.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It's been smashed.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I can get one from the self serve wrecker for $40 but no warranty, self serve don't warrant parts. Wrecker in Town will provide warranty but he wants $75. Bloke in town near work wrecking one wants $80, NFI how he came up with that price......? I might have one home in the shed but not sure when I will be able to get up there to try and find it. Bummed about the one from the wagon getting smashed. I know how it happened too, the engine tipped sideways when I was dropping it out on the jack with the body raised right up.....

What gets me it never threw a CAS or DFI code and still hasn't. Goes to show that on these old Dores codes are not always a reliable way to determine faults....... Unless when you have total failure the DFI doesn't throw a code?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Short story.
Vs cut out at 60kph put it neutral got it going put the shits up me.
Guy on another site cut out no codes.
Holden tec had the car for 5 days to drive to work and home with Tec2 pluged in.
On day 5 car cut out and code can up.
After he told me changed CAS and still good.
If ever happens again change CAS

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Can't remember if when my CAS failed whether it threw a code.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Looks like we might be heading up to the country house tomorrow. Hopefully I can find another DFI on my trailer load of parts. If I do, the ute will be on the road hopefully by mid week or Thursday at the latest. I might even get the garage to slip on the new O2 sensor and clear the code 44 and code 13. What I'm hoping is he gets annoyed about moving it in and out his crowded yard and gets it sorted by Monday eve, hehehe. If I can't find one I might chance it and get one from the wrecker.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Might aswell get a spare while they are available.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Found my second spare DFI which was the one that I had in the ute when I first bought it. Turns out a 30min search at home was useless except to confirm it wasn't there lol. However yesterday I thought maybe it's in the ute still just not under the seat as I thought. Yep it was in the seat cover back pocket.... Quick couple of calls to the garage and young bloke in the office found it. Hopefully the mechanic will fit it up in the next few days. I will possibly buy a brand new one but not risking it just yet in case I have something causing the DFI to blow.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Got the ute back this eve. I figure he must have gotten sick of moving my bus in and out of the yard. He gave me the coil back. Looking like a something caused the coil to arc out, which in turn took out the DFI. I wasn't expecting to pick the ute up for days so O2 sensor has not been replaced. I will have to head home and fit it myself when I can get the ute over the pit. Below is the coil. I'd be keen to hear people's thoughts on how a coil post can be completely burnt off?
20200831_183828_resized.jpg