Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coil overs installed today.......magic

Mick SSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV Redline
DSCN1702.JPG

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Luv those wheels!

Mick SSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV Redline
How do they drive in comparison to what you had?
There is a huge difference in the handling. This first thing I noticed is that the ride is quite a bit firmer but not harsh, I prefer it is way personally, and the incredible handling in corners, pure flatness which give a whole new level of confidence on the road... there is no going back. In comparison with the stock FE3 setup, the body roll was always a little unsettled in corners and the ride probably best described as a little floating at times and the visual intake, well she sits nicely. I still wanted practical clearance so I had the ride height set at 635mm with a full tank of fuel (bottom of rim 20'' to top of arch on all corners) This gives me 160mm clearance at the front splitter to ground. Having the coil overs fully adjustable means the height can be adjusted at any time but I'm happy to set and forget. There is also a 30 position adjustable damper and rebound control on top of the front coil overs which I haven't played with to date. Overall rating: wouldn't recommend anything else but the coil overs. I paid $1550 for the set and Holden installed them for $190.00 including full wheel alignment.

Mick SSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV Redline
There is a huge difference in the handling. This first thing I noticed is that the ride is quite a bit firmer but not harsh, I prefer it is way personally, and the incredible handling in corners, pure flatness which give a whole new level of confidence on the road... there is no going back. In comparison with the stock FE3 setup, the body roll was always a little unsettled in corners and the ride probably best described as a little floating at times and the visual intake, well she sits nicely. I still wanted practical clearance so I had the ride height set at 635mm with a full tank of fuel (bottom of rim 20'' to top of arch on all corners) This gives me 160mm clearance at the front splitter to ground. Having the coil overs fully adjustable means the height can be adjusted at any time but I'm happy to set and forget. There is also a 30 position adjustable damper and rebound control on top of the front coil overs which I haven't played with to date. Overall rating: wouldn't recommend anything else but the coil overs. I paid $1550 for the set and Holden installed them for $190.00 including full wheel alignment.
My mistake, I just checked the invoice and FE alignment was $75.00 so all up $1805, all good

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Thanks, I haven't seen any out there, They were not cheap but then again they are a nice wheel , genuine and fit the Bembos with guard lip clearance ... no problems cheers

I have a gloss black set on my Maloo.