Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cold Air Intakes

PerceptionTwin

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
'94 VR UTE
my cold air intake arrive this morning (woke me up) it sits on top very nice ;)

but it came with no screws or rivits? what sort should i use..? what size screws, or should i use rivits?

B

blofly

I used 5/16 tek bits they self drill and never loosened off not too long either :thumbsup:

L8N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE
PerceptionTwin said:
my cold air intake arrive this morning (woke me up) it sits on top very nice ;)

but it came with no screws or rivits? what sort should i use..? what size screws, or should i use rivits?

you can go to holden and get 3 of the rivits which would cost u under $10 or what i did was cause i only ordered one rivit by mistake i got two small button screws then put a waster on drilled a piolet hole made sure it wouldnt hit anything then screwed the button screw in with a screw driver.

MattK

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ V6
Vs Cai

VS CAI , 4 layers of Foil around the intake body and another 4 on the radiator shroud : Did this a long time ago ... Keep the air cool :thumbsup:

b20.jpg

0ad.jpg

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
Coz yours is a vt, those other ones suit vn-vs

D

dan87

I have about 200 bucks to spend and want to spend it on performance mods, would a cold air intake kit leading to a k&n pod filter be a good idea, or would the pod filter reduce the benefits of the cold air intake? at the moment i have just a standard commy in terms of engine bay, apart from the dodgy supercheap pod filter my friend gave me that ive been trying out. Any ideas on how i should spend the 200?

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
cai + k&n panel filter will be $150. Then with the extra 50, not much else, apart from maybe change plugs and leads
Or you might be able to get a second hand sports exhaust cheap enough, and put that on. but make sure if u have irs, get one off a car with irs, and if u dont, get it off a car without it.

D

dan87

Ok thanks, ive asked that question in a different thread and CAI to k&n panel filter seems to be the general concensus. At the moment ive done a bit of work to the exhaust myself, cut (literally cut, the bastard flange after the cat was rusted out) out the front muffler and replaced it with 2 1/4 inch pipe, then flanged that to the new rear muffler which is a 5 zigen canon, and eventually ill get the pipes replaced all the way up with 2 1/2 inch and get some headers. sounds awesome, not sure about the canon, seems a bit try-hard but hey it was fairly cheap. how much would it cost for the pipes to be repaced with 2 1/2 inch all the way up? would i need a new cat?
bit off the topic really, maybe i shouldnt be posting this here.

Dan