Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coming Soon Car Audio Products...?

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
No i was a very good rep, who do u think gave Soundstream Australia their biggest account to date.

While i was a rep my job was to sell Soundstream and i did it very well, just my personal account topped over $5k worth of sales a month on top of the 10 stores i managed. I am now no longer a rep i own a car business and i deal with over 30 brands, and i cant be biased towards a brand. There is nothing worse then walking into a store and being told BRAND A u got recommended is crap, or BRAND B is crap. There is no crap product, there is just value for money, and some are built cheaper than others but have higher retail values. Even the worlds highest sought after product can fail, so i dont base brands on one being crap over another.

So im pretty sure you analysis of the situation is wrong especially when you dont know me, nor do i appreciate it when my professional relationship with my job is questioned.

So unfortunately your feeling or attempt at being a psychic and trying to evaluate my situation is WRONG.

But anyway i will no longer offer my opinion since obviously in these circles everyone is more of a professional than someone with years of experience.
So carry on with the thread, and there is no need for personal attacks.
PM sent to clear up above response.

personally if i am looking at proper car audio gear i DO NOT consider warranty.
i expect a product to last and i know that it will and if something does go wrong them that be that. it does not effect what product i buy. i wont buy an inferior product in case something may happen. and no, i am not saying anything about soundstream or anything else, this is general.

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
If there is no information available right now about "future releases" then it will be some time before a new product is released. IF the company even gives warning of new products it would be close to the release date, I would assume it would be once primary production has commenced (unless it's a built-to-order product). As with most electrical products, the second you take it out of the store it's obsolete. I say get prices now, save up the cash and when you've got a good amount then look, and listen to, what is on the market on the day you're ready to buy.

Also, ask the sales person if they know about anything new they'll be getting in soon because you may have missed the product release information when you were researching. :)

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
It is true, Audison, Hertz, Tru, Focal, DLS , Boston, Alpine etc, all make fantastic amps, but using the same speakers, in the same car, witrh the same install, I'd bet good money not very many people could pick the difference between them and an SS amp. or any decent amp for that matter.

^^ I have used an Alpine amp before (which I still have in the car actually) and it has plagued me with problems from day 1, particularly with output problems and now one channel simply does not work? Its only a V12 amp but it put me off alpine forever.

Same goes for an RF amp I was using to run my subs, it kept going into protection and it was taken back to where I bought it (tonkins) and was then sent back to the manufacturer who replaced it but following issues over the phone with RF who were extremely rude I will never buy RF again either.

Neither amp made any audible difference over a Pioneer or SS amp running the same speakers but even brands such as RF will cost me considerably more than im paying for SS... Let alone brands such as Hertz, DLS etc. which would be wasted running the speakers that I have anyway imo.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
i cant justify the price you pay for a soundstream amp when there are other still good quality amps around that do the same job... thats just my opinion, im hooked on the kenwood amps they are great and for an 1800watt monoblock for $500 in my eyes thats a bargain...3 of my good mates use these amps and with type R 12 inch's and i have a 15 inch vibe sub and well...you get alot more than what you pay for